Free To Good Home...

jasalmanza

I am tearing down my tank due to move, and have a "LARGE" piece of Live rock I'd like to give away. The rock has a beautiful carpet anemone, with 2 mated true percs hosting. The piece fits perfectly in 55gal long aquariums, with just enough clearance from front to back, and sits a few inches from the surface. It makes a magnificent center-piece for a 55gal. Ive had the rock for over 2 years, and the livestock for over a year.Depending on the sentiment of my eel (snowflake eel - only true reef-safe eel), he could very well come along for the ride as he likes to dwell in the rock at times. I also have a hippo tang I have to part with because I will be making a few system mods prior to re-setting the tank, all of which may take more time than I'd like.

If anyone's interested either PM me or just reply to this thread. The cost is of course free, They just need to be picked up ASAP. My schedule is pretty flexable, so let me know. I really don't want to have to out them back in the water!

For Pics check my gallery....

Jason

Glad to hear your not leaving the island. I want to go snorkeling with you one of these days, Josh told me you know all the good spots!

With a snowfkale, they will eat fish in your tank unless you feed them frequently. I used shrimp and squid I got at the fishing store to feed mine when I had one a few years back. Every couple days, I fed him and he never touched my fish.

Thanks again for the fish Jason! Those clowns instantly took to my carpet anenome. I was a little worried about it accually because I already had one in there. Now there are 3. The tang, hes out and about, swimming just fine, looks to be enjoying life. the starfish is looking great, and those snails are going to town.

I cant wait till after the lights sit on the clam and that other coral you give me. What was it again?

Thanks again man! Pics will be up tommorow. :)

I think it's a pagoda cup coral. You're very welcome, I'm just glad they went to a good home. Get those pics up (how about a full tank/system shot while you're at it!). Went to that coral shop this morning down in Naha. Your directions were perfect, found it right away. They weren't open though, do you know their hours?

Mike-- I look forward to getting together, I'm stoked to set this tank up again, have some things to do yet (closed loop, drill sump, paint back, install new PCs, etc.), but should come together relativly quickly since the Air Force is picking up the dime on electricity (finally a way to make them pay me for what I'm worth!!!). Last month paid $540!!! How are your home made rocks coming along? I've been thinking about doing a "wall" for my tank. I was thinking of doing it in like three or four pieces for easy assembly/placement within the tank. How hard do you think it would be? Let me know, I'll just add it to the list of "things to do"....

Jason

I plan to start a 'my tank thread' here maybe this weekend, the way things are going.

Im dealing with a bryopis issue right now, and the tank isnt looking the greatest. Everything is healthy, just that alge included. :lol:

I will take some pics.

-BTW, that tang is so funny, and has soo much charactor. You know the feeling you have when you put in a new fish, your always worried about it...I didnt go to bed until around midnight...I kept checkin the fish, the one time I looked with the flashlight, I couldnt find him. Then he peeps his head up like "here I am, im fine, can I sleep please" quite funny. The wife just emailed me said he was out and about, looking happy :)

As for the Naha shop, I think hes open from 10-5, closed on Sundays.

I went home for lunch to check up on him, wow, hes almost cleaned half of the bryopis off! that little guy has to be full :lol:

He out and about, swimming around.

Back