Frequent moves

kcpike11

Just PCS'd to Ft Riley KS and I have gotten sick of tearing down large tanks and trying to sell off livestock and excess equipment every few years. I've decided to try out a 10g reef and see how I do. Anyone else downsize with all the moves?

That is how I felt and got out of the hobby. Atfer serving four years with two PCs”s and then marrying my wife, af nurse, and three pcs’s in 8 years I gave up. Now we are in out forever home and I got back into the hobby about 4 years ago. So glad I did and I know the on
Y tank moving I do I when I finally upgrade to something much larger then my 120.

You can go even larger. I had a 29G and was fine, I was able to fit everything in the shotgun seat of my cobalt, except my 3 5-gallon jugs were in the trunk.

Going on 13 years i went from a 90g on the first move, then stored it, then a RSM 34 for the first to deployments(went to **** quick) then a Nuvo 20 for the Alaska move. Now a 175g in Louisiana. Smh i got problems....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol Just keep all the equipment and start over each time. I sold my 90 on my last PCS. Now I just got done setting up a 270. Setting it up is probably the best part.

Just bought a 60 cube for my PCS this summer (COVID dependent). Biggest tank that i have had, looking forward to a new build.

I broke down and sold everything when I left for bootcamp back in 2012. I miss it with a passion and can't wait to get back into it

Happy to help vets...

Happy to help vets...

I'd be happy to help active duty personnel or vets in the Los Angeles area... or willing to drive there. I have a bunch of LPS and macro algae species... can help re-establish post deployment tanks in a hurry. Zero cost for you. Will need to pick up in the northern San Fernando Valley (where the I-5 slams into the mountains).

Chuck

Hey Chuck!

I'm actually on orders to Vandenberg...my folks live in Santa Clarita so will be in the neighborhood. Gonna start a 60g cube when I get on ground.

Hey Chuck!

I'm actually on orders to Vandenberg...my folks live in Santa Clarita so will be in the neighborhood. Gonna start a 60g cube when I get on ground.

I just got to Vandenberg! I'm thinking of starting up my tank here in a bit once things settle down

Whelp I've arrived and got somewhat unpacked. And in the tradition of military moves, the movers destroyed much of my household goods to include the trim and cabinet door on my stand. Got the tank in place and made some hasty repairs.

DLEhdCz

Back