frustrated beyond belief

Bpb

Some explain to me why the apex system is so expensive yet so user UNfriendly. I am so fed up with this stupid product I am about to run it over with the truck just for the satisfaction of breaking it. At this point I am ready to purchase a PH controller and Temp controller and a bunch of individual timers. I for the life of me cannot understand the mindset of the people you have designing code and interface. It's pure nonsense.

Rant over. I doubt any of you will be of any help but here goes nothing.

I had to replace my router a few months ago. As expected the Apex would no longer connect to fusion. Surprise surpsie. Every single other product in my house seamlessly connected to the new router with zero steps to take. Smart TV, all of our phones, computers, ect. Even the printer. But not the apex. Fine.

Firmware is out of date anyway. So I follow your steps on the website word for word to update the firmware. Timeout timeout timeout timeout unable to unlock unable to unlock unable to unlock. over and over and ****ing over all morning. Yes. I did everything the troubleshooting guide tells you to. Restart EVERYTHING, OVER AND OVER. Yes it's hard wired. I'm not trying to update via wifi. Yes wifi is turned off when attempting. So...I try to jump on your website for support....nope cant do that anymore. You have to install a program on the computer to allow computer sharing...fine.

Surprise surprise that doesnt work either. My computer is a fairly new (less than 2 years old Mac), so i'm not using some dinosaur. Wont do anything, just freezes up every time i open it.

What next? i try to get onto the forum on your website. Create an account. Surprise surprise. That wont allow me to connect either. Nothing else in the household is giving us any problems. Only your pages and products.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do at this point. Because I'm about ready to go Office Space on this stupid Apex controller.

Charge a grand for a controller, maybe invest a LITTLE time in making it just a hair more user friendly. Just a little. Perhaps you shouldnt need college courses in networking admin to be able to update the **** firmware. Lord knows every single other web ready product in the world we all purchase for our homes seem to just work.

Nice.. you know the return policy? Just got mine and now reconsidering to go with something cheaper.. not to mention that every apex ready products and additions are about $200 more than anything on the market

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The computer sharing is for when a tech needs to see what's going on in the computer. It's not going to do anything by itself.

An account on the forum will not allow you to connect to your Apex if that's what you are trying to do. If you can create an account, you can access the forum. You might have to wait for your account to be approved. I can't remember since it's been a while since I set mine up.

Do you know the IP address the Apex is on?

If you do, you can log into the local interface and do the Fusion token through that, which is what I think you had to do the 1st time.

What kind of router? Sometimes routers from cable/phone companies lock out certain ports that prevent Apex from talking to the Fusion servers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll add...I've actually had my apex for 4 years. It's the black label classic model. I imagine it is well past it's warranty and return date eligibility. Sorry for the vent guys. Perhaps it may read a little hotter than is appropriate but the information is completely valid. I'm all ears and open for help, but you've created an interface that even makes help incredibly difficult to get. I hate resorting to this. I was simply going to vent to one of your tech support guys one on one, hopefully have him fix my problem, apologize for being hard on them and thank him for the help and hopefully have a working apex again. But push comes to shove and if I can't even use your own help process on your page this was the next resort. I'll happily edit my post if someone can help me get this fixed. I'll admit my own stupidity and apologize if it's something simple I'm missing.

ca57130eb8e788034feb425564feed71.jpg

The computer sharing is for when a tech needs to see what's going on in the computer. It's not going to do anything by itself.

An account on the forum will not allow you to connect to your Apex if that's what you are trying to do. If you can create an account, you can access the forum. You might have to wait for your account to be approved. I can't remember since it's been a while since I set mine up.

Do you know the IP address the Apex is on?

If you do, you can log into the local interface and do the Fusion token through that, which is what I think you had to do the 1st time.

What kind of router? Sometimes routers from cable/phone companies lock out certain ports that prevent Apex from talking to the Fusion servers.

The computer sharing program is unresponsive, I open it and it does nothing. The instructions say it will offer me a username and password to give to the tech, it offered nothing of the sort. Just blank.

Router is a netgear from bestbuy. just an updated version of the previous one

Did you open a ticket with Neptune? If not, the sharing program is useless. If the tech feels that it would help solve your issue, he/she will ask you to start that.

What is the IP of the Apex? If you don't know, (and I'm assuming it's a classic) use the display and navigate to System, then Net Setup, then IP address.

Type the numbers you get into your browser and you should see a log in screen.

Assuming you haven't changed anything, it will be Admin and 1234.

Nothing opens when I type in the IP address.

What is the IP address you see on the display?

If the Apex is on the same network as your computer it should pop up.

Check to see if there are lights where the Ethernet cable is plugged into the Apex.

Do you know how to access your router menu and see attached devices?

Don't know how to access router menu honestly. IP address is 10.0.0.10. Orange and green lights are on as well as green light on top of apex base unit

Did you setup your new router to run on the same subnet as your old one?

What is the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway on your computer?

frustrated beyond belief

I have no idea what a subnet mask is or a gateway. I've never heard those terms

I unplugged the old router. Plugged the new one in. And it just worked. I didn't have to do anything else with it. And every other device in the home just worked (after putting in the new password obviously). The apex is the only thing that is causing problems

Open your network preferences panel on your Mac. Click on the wifi icon on the top of your screen and select open network preferences at the bottom of the wifi list.

If you don't know what those things are you probably need didn't setup your new router properly.

That IP looks off.

192.168.1.1 should take you to your router.

Admin
password

Unless you changed it, password is password. At lease it should be.

Look for attached devices and see if you can find the Apex.

Kids are napping now in the room where the computer and router are so I'll have to report back later on. Can't mess with it further right now

Most likely everything in your house is setup to run dhcp. Iirc, apex needs a static ip. You need to fin out the proper subnet the router is using and set the IP address manually in the apex.

For example. If your computer is on 192.168.1.x set the apex to 192.1.1.111.
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0. Gateway 192.168.1.1

Beyond router connection issues. I'm still confused by two things. The new firmware update isn't reflected on the apex flash utility. Still has the previous firmware on it. And why won't it connect to the apex DIRECTLY from the computer

Back