FS: 24" Hamilton DLX Halide hood

XeniaMania

I have a 24" Hamilton DLX Aluminum hood that fits over a 20G tank perfectly. Unit comes with 1 fan, 175W ballast. I also have 3 bulbs for it
20K that I got as Xmas gift so that's 3 months old, a XM 14K that I used for 3 months before getting that bulb, and a 10K which is over 1 yr old, but it's neat if you want to see what 10K would look like on your tank. The flourescent ballast shorted out because I installed 20W flourescents on it when it was designed to hold 2x40W 24" flourescents(actinic bulbs included). This set also has 6 blue LED moonlights installed in the unit. I have it in the recycler for $275obo, but for RC members, I'm offering $225. Please let me know if anyone's interested. This unit's about 2 yrs old, and the dimensions are 24x13. Any questions please PM me, thanks!

mh.jpg

Last edited:
This unit does have quick connect wiring, so you can purchase a new ballast box for $59 and just plug it right back in.

Hi there,
It can be a 400W unit IF you purchase the 400W ballast, but I only have the 175W. I've editted the post, thank you for pointing that out. This unit can use 400W though, you just need the ballast and plug it in, but the bulbs I'm including are all 175Ws. This uses 24" regular flourescents not PC bulbs, sorry. It can be hung if you drilled holes through the top, but this unit was originally designed to be a canopy replacement for tanks that are 24" long.

Back