FS: Breeding Pair of Barrier Reef Clowns (A. akindynos)

phender

I've had this pair for 8 years (since they were babies). They have been spawning almost every two weeks for about the last 4 years. The female is ~3.5" and the male is ~3" long, so they are not huge. Clowns can live over 20 years, so they have a lot of life left in them.

There is nothing wrong with them. I am just down to one tank these days and I want to go in a different direction.

I have seen breeding pairs of A. akindynos listed for almost $400. I am willing to let these go for $150 obo.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Phil Henderson
Yorba Linda, CA

Let me see what I can do tomorrow. The female tends to hang out in the anemone and the male is tending eggs behind the anemone so it is difficult to get a good pic.

Pictures?

See post above ^

Are you guys interested, or do you just want to see pictures?

Here is a pic from a year of so ago of the pair laying eggs. This pic doesn't capture their caramel color very well. (No, the anemone is not for sale :) )
Akin-Egg-fert_zpswn2rvilq.jpg

The real problem with getting good pics is capturing their color. I will clean the glass real well tomorrow and give it a shot using a flash.

Well, after taking over 50 pictures today, I couldn't come up with any better than the one that I already posted. The fish still look the same as they did in that pic, but I was hoping to get one a little clearer and showing better color.

If you are interested in the pair and want to see how they really look, you're invited to come to my house this weekend. You can visit the Nixon Library and I will show you my dart frog collection while you are here. :)

Happy New Year everyone.

Back