FS: Colonies Mike Paletta Pink Tip Stag, Yellow Porites Cyl, Blue Hoekesemai Acropora

BobbyV

Established since 2008
Clearing out some space .. .. .. so one of those good Bobby V flash sale coral deals.

I was going to frag these colonies up, but I am pretty lazy so I am going to sell the pukani rock with the colonies attached.

Mike Paletta Pink Tip Stag 7 x 6 inches

Average Inch $70

Blue Hoekesemai Acropora 4 x 3 inches

Average Inch $30

Yellow Porites Cylindrica 7 x 5 inches

Average Inch $30

As you may see, I have about 20 two inch branches of the Mike Paletta Pink Tip

So to make my life easier I will sell this entire rock with colonies for $350 or best offer.

Very Healthy NO STN OR RTN. I am not a professional photographer, but if you make the effort to show up you will see the colors are awesome.

You bring the container.

A 5 gallon home depot bucket probably best.

Thank you for your interest.

PM is best.

Robert

I have an aquaculture license.

Google the names to get a better understanding of the corals. Also to confirm average one inch pricing.

Last edited:
I did keep my awesome Rainbow Acropora.

I fragged some up for those interested.

Such a nice coral.

I am keeping some of my SPS. Some of the high end stuff.

After the response I got via pm I'd say he's tired of aefw in his tank. His problem is now yours.

After the response I got via pm I'd say he's tired of aefw in his tank. His problem is now yours.

I encourage everyone to dip.

Bryan I wish you great continued success In this hobby and making relationship.

I will not entertain or support your behavior.

Don't buy from me. You will not hurt my feelings.

By the way, that is lie. Never PM'ed this comment.

Post the PM if you want.

I encourage everyone to dip.

Bryan I wish you great continued success In this hobby and making relationship.

I will not entertain or support your behavior.

Don't buy from me. You will not hurt my feelings.

By the way, that is lie. Never PM'ed this comment.

Post the PM if you want.

Your correct, I didn't pm you this specific comment, but what I did pm you asking why you'd sell corals knowing you had aefw in your tank and your reply was thanks for your concern and everyone should dip.

No worries, I won't buy from you and I could care less what you think about my behavior. Look in the mirror if you want to go that route.

I have a very high end rainbow acro that I snapped off to frag up that appears to be pest free.

There is no bite marks or eggs of any kind.

However I encourage everyone to dip and QT just to be safe.

Thank you for the reminder of keeping up good practices within the hobby.

Last edited:
At this point it doesn't matter if you knew or not. I think you owe it to everyone in the Tampa Bay reefing community to stop selling your corals until the problem is fixed and inform those who purchased from you that they need to get those corals out of their tanks asap.

Roger's thread has put no doubt to the fact they are in your tank. Any future sales without disclaiming to the buyer is wrong as you would be basically ruining other reefer's tanks.

At this point it doesn't matter if you knew or not. I think you owe it to everyone in the Tampa Bay reefing community to stop selling your corals until the problem is fixed and inform those who purchased from you that they need to get those corals out of their tanks asap.

Roger's thread has put no doubt to the fact they are in your tank. Any future sales without disclaiming to the buyer is wrong as you would be basically ruining other reefer's tanks.

I agree - I make an effort to be very careful and tell others to always dip and QT just to be safe.

I only buy my SPS from LFS. So I am upset that somewhere down the line I got an infected piece.

I think if you are in this hobby long enough, it will end up being your turn.

My tank had amazing healthy colonies that grew extremely fast and had awesome color.

If the only way to really tell if you have these bugs is to flip the entire colony over to investigate the base, I am willing to bet that a ton of people and in our hobby have the same type of pest and not even know it.

So unless you can guarantee that you don't have any pests maybe don't cast the first stone? I am sure we can find some sort of pest in a majority of these home aquariums if we look close enough.

I agree - I make an effort to be very careful and tell others to always dip and QT just to be safe.

I only buy my SPS from LFS. So I am upset that somewhere down the line I got an infected piece.

I think if you are in this hobby long enough, it will end up being your turn.

To be fair, doing research on this pest. It is not anyone one person's fault, LFS or local member sharing pieces with me.

Yes the people commenting acting high and mighty whom have taken advantage of the opportunity to jab in order to deflect potential attention away from themselves have given me pieces in the past. So I am a victim as well.

I could easily call them out but what is the point?

There is enough drama, bickering and jealousy in this forum as it is. There are threads created on this one topic alone as of recent.

At the end of the day, nothing was intentional just the nature of statistics and bad luck. And a bit of "Murphy's Law".

If this happen again, which it will. Be the bigger person and consider being more respectful towards each other.

Keep in mind people have the opportunity to look into our local community from a national stand point and have the ability read your negative posts.

As I have said in the past, I wish everyone continued success.

Last edited:
Copy and pasted from my other thread.

Ok so here's the deal. By now most have figured out that the corals I purchased was from BobbyV. I have purchased and traded with bobby for years with no issues. I got a call from bobby today. He has since apologized said he had no idea how bad this pest was and he has refunded me via PayPal. Bobby will restart this tank clean and I will purchase from him in the future. He has made this deal right by me.

Reminder this thread was not ment to call anyone out. It was ment as a reminder and still is. Dipping is not enough qt all corals you purchase from anyone.

Thx bobby for doing right by me.

Sorry for your troubles Bobby. I've been in your shoes and know the feelings. Props on you for remaining professional. Good Luck man.

Back