FS: Elos 120xl

Bandomo

Up for sale is an Elos 120xl (47.24"L x 31.5"W x 19.69"H) in great condition. Retail price including shipping would set you back slightly over the $5k mark. Asking half price, $2,500. Serious inquiries only.

http://Elosusa.com/store/product/143/pool-120xl-system
http://Elosusa.com/store/product/148/square-120xl
DSC03452.jpg

DSC03449.jpg

nice tank-- about 2 years ago them ELOS tanks would easily sell for the asking price.

We do have a tank maker in town that does the same termination and style of tanks for a fraction of the cost making this a tough sale.

Good luck and a free bump.

Thanks for the bump, Manny.

I agree, Felix definitely does quality work! There is one huge difference in design when comparing the two manufactures. The main one being that the 120xl comes with a double pane glass bottom. In addition to the double pane glass bottom, the top layer is also multiple strips of glass siliconed together. In other words, the bottom layer is one large piece of glass and the top layer is multiple strips of glass to covers the entire bottom (hope that make sense). If Felix would incorporate these features as part of a tank, the price would significantly increase. With out a doubt, you would be saving on the HIGH cost of shipping from Elos thou.

Other Pros of buying this tank would include...
1. Felix currently has a 3 month waiting period. That might not be acceptable for someone in quick need of a quality tank.

2. Although Felix's tanks are absolutely stunning, no one on the market has been able to reproduce the beauty and quality of an Elos Aquarium stand.

3. Some people enjoy the "Brand." This is easily the "Apple" of aquariums.

Thanks for the free bump, see you on Sunday at the Tank Hop

Jovany, best of luck selling your aquarium.

I also agree Felix makes beautiful tanks; the current waiting period is a clear sign of the quality of his work.

However, in my opinion, any comparison to the Elos brand falls outside the limits of acceptability. The quality and termination of Elos aquariums is truly unique.

Hey Tony,
Thanks for the bump buddy! Don't want to make this a discussion threat but how's the Midi coming alone. Send me a reply via PM so that this thread doesn't get off track. Cheers

I did not mean to be disrespectful or to turn this into a discussion thread; I was expressing an opinion. Manny was one of the guys who recommended the carpenter that built the stand for my MIDI, I am very grateful for the recommendation.

LOL, I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to me! I wanted to catchup and hear the progress on you Midi.

Thanks for the bump, Manny.

I agree, Felix definitely does quality work! There is one huge difference in design when comparing the two manufactures. The main one being that the 120xl comes with a double pane glass bottom. In addition to the double pane glass bottom, the top layer is also multiple strips of glass siliconed together. In other words, the bottom layer is one large piece of glass and the top layer is multiple strips of glass to covers the entire bottom (hope that make sense). If Felix would incorporate these features as part of a tank, the price would significantly increase. With out a doubt, you would be saving on the HIGH cost of shipping from Elos thou.

Other Pros of buying this tank would include...
1. Felix currently has a 3 month waiting period. That might not be acceptable for someone in quick need of a quality tank.

2. Although Felix's tanks are absolutely stunning, no one on the market has been able to reproduce the beauty and quality of an Elos Aquarium stand.

3. Some people enjoy the "Brand." This is easily the "Apple" of aquariums.

Thanks for the free bump, see you on Sunday at the Tank Hop

lol i wish my tank was a 3 month wait took him 7 months for mine

I want to buy this tank for SUUUUUUUUUUUre, but the amount of work nd time to take mine down and put this up turns me away from it.

Another freeeeee bump for a killer tank.

How many tanks do you have? an Elos and Reefsavvy!!! what is next after the move?

Hi, my name is Jovany and I'm an addict :)

Well, maybe I should refraze that, given the fact that all my tanks put together fit inside you sump! LOL

No seriously, I have an empty Elos 120xl (little to big), my 50 breeder (little to small), and my little 14 gallon frag tank. No Reef Savvy at the moment, but that'll definitely be my next tank.

I was on the fence whether I wanted to setup this tank or not. I've decided that I definitely WON'T be setting it up.

Killer deal, $1,999! First come, First serve!

Was planning on holding onto this tank if it didn't sell for my asking price, but unfortunately there's no space in my brothers garage. Someone PLEASE buy this tank, its a fantastic deal. I'll be happy to let it go for $1,800

Back