FS: ELOS System 160 Rimless FULL PACKAGE

MikeD

I've been going back and forth here as to what I want to do with the system... I was going to rebuild it from the ground up, downsize, get out of the hobby entirely for now (Not forever)... And frankly, any of those options are weighing in equally right now as all of them have their pros and cons... So I think I just need to explore all of them and see where it leads. Never hurts to try and I may as well throw it out there.

So what I have here is a COMPLETE Elos System 160 (63x24x24) with Reef Movement Kit, Elos sump w/freshwater reservoir, skimmer, the works!! Rimless tank with snail guards on corners. Earthquake protected bottom glass. It's pretty much insane. I also have the Elos Biotopus II controller and Osmoregulator for Auto TopOff included too.

But Elos tanks are $$$$ so if interested, please contact me. Livestock will most likely be worked with after the tank is purchased.

As of right now, the tank is CLEAN! removed sand, cleaned and disinfected all tank surfaces! Ready to get setup in its new home if you're willing to provide one for this awesome display tank. You can't get any better than this for not being in wall!

Looking for $2500 OBO FOR EVERYTHING!
For Tank/Stand/Sump/Skimmer/All electronics (Multiplugs and topoff-=osmocontroller)/Elos System Computer/Controller (Full System Kit)

2x250MH 4xT5@39Watts ELOS Planet II Hanging Fixture with Audi Gray color coat! (They really do these nicely!) Also, with BRAND NEW BULBS!

Again, It's a show tank and IMO, rivals many 'built in wall' systems due to the beautiful glass! You will need probably 4 close friends to help you move this guy!

you still got this tank for sale? I would never offer you a ridiculous lowball offer. I paid more than $1250 for my 120 and that's with nothing but tank and stand, heck the stand is not even a complete stand, no doors!
but if you still got this, i would easily make a road trip. fly there, and rent a uhaul back. Still worth it at that price!

That's crazy. I paid $2k for my acrylic 700g with a stand and a barracuda pump. It took me nearly a month to sell my 180 glass tank with stand, 75g sump, plumbing, and T5 light for $550. Maybe the areas are different?

you still got this tank for sale? I would never offer you a ridiculous lowball offer. I paid more than $1250 for my 120 and that's with nothing but tank and stand, heck the stand is not even a complete stand, no doors!
but if you still got this, i would easily make a road trip. fly there, and rent a uhaul back. Still worth it at that price!

It just sold recently but I do have a pajama cardinal and an orange fungia I need to still offload (livestock) and some misc pumps etc. I just haven't had the time at all to post it all. The room is looking too large now with the tank missing... :(

That's crazy. I paid $2k for my acrylic 700g with a stand and a barracuda pump. It took me nearly a month to sell my 180 glass tank with stand, 75g sump, plumbing, and T5 light for $550. Maybe the areas are different?
Well, an elos tank is totally different than a "normal" tank. It's the brand that makes people pay more for it.
Also with brand, it's like saying for the price of a lambo, you can easily build a normal car like a mustang that'll go twice as fast as a lambo, but it'll never be a lambo!
And you're absolutely right about location. certain areas people are more wiling to pay high dollars for a certain kind of tank, and that same tank is another area, people may not even consider it a "nice tank". CA people have a thing for elos tanks for some reason.

It just sold recently but I do have a pajama cardinal and an orange fungia I need to still offload (livestock) and some misc pumps etc. I just haven't had the time at all to post it all. The room is looking too large now with the tank missing... :(
Whoever bought it, got a screaming deal!!! it would not make it past 24hr if it was listed for that price around here! I'm looking at an elos 160xl and stand (nothing else comes with it) and it has 1 broken bottom glass, and price is around that!

[/QUOTE]Whoever bought it, got a screaming deal!!! it would not make it past 24hr if it was listed for that price around here! I'm looking at an elos 160xl and stand (nothing else comes with it) and it has 1 broken bottom glass, and price is around that![/QUOTE]

You lied to me over text and in person.

I drove 11 hours and gave you cash and you could be a "man of your word" and just say that you knew that the panel was broken at one time..

Or admit that the repair looks horrible!

Would NOT recommend anyone buying anything from jthao lying a$$

Last edited:
I'm confused. You bought the tank that he was talking about buying? So he bought it and replaced the bottom panel and sold it to you without telling you it had been replaced?

Would NOT recommend anyone buying anything from jthao lying a$$

Yes, and the replacement was done horribly. And when I asked him about it multiple times he lied. These are high end tanks but it looks like a crappy diy replacement.. He lied about a lot of things that day.
It is funny considering he gave me this long speech about how important someone's word is and how you should never lie.

I'm just putting the word out. Be careful who you get your stuff from.

To top it all off, all of the screws are stripped...
ab83889432e09693eec11471b56f760f.jpg

On a stand that he said was never assembled..

Back