FS/FT Rainbow BTAs

bradleym

Premium Member
I'm trying to save up for a Chicago Sunburst BTA, so I'm selling my extra rainbow BTAs. Also if anyone local has a Sunburst for sale/trade I'd rather not ship one if I can help it. The BTAs pictured are all natural splits from anemones I've had for several months/years, ranging from 3 inches to 6+ inches across. $60 for the small ones & $100 for the big ones, or let me know how many you would want for a Chicago Sunburst if you want to trade one. Thanks!
950baacdc2f5c8c4fdc110d6ec5b414e.jpg
a6455bf6bee67ff2c873ba9e77d0ac7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I would love to get one from you. I don't have enough post to PM you or I would.
I'm also on the "slashclub.org" Facebook group. My last post was back on June 9th if you want to look me up and message me there.

Only if mine would split.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
If yours splits I'll probably do a flip! Several of mine went through a couple months where everything was splitting and now they've all calmed down again. Maybe it's weather related?

BradleyM, I am still interested in the RBTA but I have a concern. I have a GBTA that I have had since 2005 and would be really upset if something happened to it. When I first posted my interest in the RBTA, I just assumed they are all BTAs and mixing them won't matter. I decided to a little reading just to make sure and I am seeing conflicting information on this subject Is there any concern mixing the different types of BTAs or better yet do you have any GBTAs in your system and do they get along?

BradleyM, I am still interested in the RBTA but I have a concern. I have a GBTA that I have had since 2005 and would be really upset if something happened to it. When I first posted my interest in the RBTA, I just assumed they are all BTAs and mixing them won't matter. I decided to a little reading just to make sure and I am seeing conflicting information on this subject Is there any concern mixing the different types of BTAs or better yet do you have any GBTAs in your system and do they get along?
Unfortunately I've never had good luck with green BTAs, but my tank health has been too questionable for me to decide if it was because of the water or the other BTAs. So currently I only have red and rainbow BTAs.

Sent from my Surface Duo 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you for letting me know. I am going to try to do some more research and see if it is worth the risk. As I mentioned, I have had this GBTA since 05, it has split 6 times and I still have all 7 anemones. The mother has been in the same hole since I first got it. It has been through hell in the last 17 years including a heater malfunction that killed off almost all of my other coral in 2013 or so.

Thank you for letting me know. I am going to try to do some more research and see if it is worth the risk. As I mentioned, I have had this GBTA since 05, it has split 6 times and I still have all 7 anemones. The mother has been in the same hole since I first got it. It has been through hell in the last 17 years including a heater malfunction that killed off almost all of my other coral in 2013 or so.
I understand completely. Would you be interested in trading one of yours for one of mine? First, I'll keep yours in my attached frag tank to monitor it. If it does poorly I'll give it back, and if it does well you can take one of mine whenever you think it has been long enough to feel safe mixing them.

That actually sounds like a great plan. I want to forewarn you, I am overrun with aiptasia right now. I dont think I have any that are attached to rock without aiptasia and I have never been able to get a BTA off the rock. I am to worried I will hurt them. If that is a deal breaker I understand. I did pickup an aiptasia eating filefish over the weekend but so far it is only interested in pods and mysis.

That actually sounds like a great plan. I want to forewarn you, I am overrun with aiptasia right now. I dont think I have any that are attached to rock without aiptasia and I have never been able to get a BTA off the rock. I am to worried I will hurt them. If that is a deal breaker I understand. I did pickup an aiptasia eating filefish over the weekend but so far it is only interested in pods and mysis.
Thanks for the heads up. The fewer the better, but I've been able to clean up infested rocks before.

I've kept green BTAs with reds, rainbows and other various bta. They have been doing fine so far. They have been in a 75gl for maybe 3-4 years. I will say that the green bta do not seem to split as often as the other variations do. Does anyone have a Green Watermelon bta?

Bradleym, thanks again for the rainbow and it was nice to meet you. It is already starting to open up and looks great.
I am also glad we went to Seascape. I was really impressed with that store. I ended up getting a green with purple tip hammer. They were sold out of the hannah ULR phosphate test kit or I would have brought that home as well. I am going to order one from BRS, I just cant read the salifert accurately.

Lance A Lot and Nanook, thanks for your input. I assumed they would be fine but was a little worried, it was nice to get some reassurance. I do have a plan for them if they decide to get close and start fighting. For now they are on separate rock structures just to be safe.

Bradleym, thanks again for the rainbow and it was nice to meet you. It is already starting to open up and looks great.
I am also glad we went to Seascape. I was really impressed with that store. I ended up getting a green with purple tip hammer. They were sold out of the hannah ULR phosphate test kit or I would have brought that home as well. I am going to order one from BRS, I just cant read the salifert accurately.

Lance A Lot and Nanook, thanks for your input. I assumed they would be fine but was a little worried, it was nice to get some reassurance. I do have a plan for them if they decide to get close and start fighting. For now they are on separate rock structures just to be safe.
It was good to meet you too! Your GBTA has awesome coloring. Welcome back to the forum, and glad you've still got the bug. [emoji106]

The colors have really come out in the last month or so. I am not sure if it was switching to LEDs or the near daily feeding of mysis i have been doing to try to raise my nitrates and phosphates the natural way.

Back