FS LED Light DIY (152w total) Typhon Controller 4 channel Dimmable

MrHarvard

"ship it"
I have decided to sell the light I built for my tank Its just way to much light for my tank. The light has less than 2 weeks total run time on it. This light is a beast and would be great for someone looking to switch to LEDs. $220 OBO (less than half of what I paid to build it). For all the details please below and look at the build thread. Feel free to ask any questions. Side note the Typhon contoller can be programmed with different features and dimming points (it's Audrino based) I will include the computer connection cable and hardware with the light. Other option witch is what I was planning before deciding to downsize is to purchase the Bluefish Mini and light would be Wifi capable and have Bluefish App controls.

LEDS
2 - Bridgelux BXR 950 (22w each)
4 - Luxeon M Royal Blue (12w each)
4 - Luxeon Rebel Cool Blue (3w each)
6 - Luxeon Rebel Cyan (3w each)
10 - Dual Core Hyper Violet (3w each)

152 Total watts.

DRIVERS
3- Meanwell LDD 1000h
1 - Meanwell LDD 700h

CONTROLLER
Typhon LCD (4 channel Dimmable/ Sunrise & Sunset ) **Small scuff mark on screen, not that noticeable and no idea how it got there***

OTHER HARD WARE
-Heat sink is from a Maxapect G1 fixture that was gutted and re used.
-350w power supply (can't remember brand)
-Wires all ran for 2 fans and have the fans just not installed currently.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2346715

Tank is pretty knew and I'm unsure of the direction that it'll go as far as coral is concerned. I will never have thousands invested in my tank as far as Corals are concerned. Just not my thing.

This really would be a good light for a 4 foot tank if it was a fowlr or softie/lps tank. And to be honest you honestly keep high light SPS in the middle 2.5 - 3 feet of it, then muhrooms, zoas, softies and lps on the edges of the tank. This is seriously a high quality light and not made with cheap parts, I know because I sold most of this to him :-D.

I feel stupid because my phone autocorrected me and changed new to knew. Stupid. I'll think on it and get back to you. Need to ask a friend of mine

Back