Facing LED Woes: Controller Troubles and Compatibility Questions 🤔💡

combs.eric.813

Hey everyone, I'm facing a bit of a challenge with my LED fixtures. My controller seems to be on the fritz, and I'm unable to program the lights anymore. The LED panels each have 28 LEDs, and they're daisy-chained on a board, with drivers, fans, and other components presumably attached.

20240221_203942.jpg

20240221_204142.jpg

The controller board has a 4-wire pin connector, and I'm curious if anyone could shed some light on whether this represents RGB and Ground connections. I'm hoping to salvage my current fixtures by connecting them to this controller.

20240221_205147.jpg

d10acd1a-12e7-4cf4-b932-901cda6e1203.webp.jpg

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Hey everyone, I'm facing a bit of a challenge with my LED fixtures. My controller seems to be on the fritz, and I'm unable to program the lights anymore. The LED panels each have 28 LEDs, and they're daisy-chained on a board, with drivers, fans, and other components presumably attached.

View attachment 32397025
View attachment 32397027

The controller board has a 4-wire pin connector, and I'm curious if anyone could shed some light on whether this represents RGB and Ground connections. I'm hoping to salvage my current fixtures by connecting them to this controller.

View attachment 32397028

View attachment 32397029

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!
The Cyrix brand doesn't seem too common.
Only model I found
Anyways it is pretty difficult to make any kind of guess as to what you can or can't do.
On the face of it it seems to be powered by 18v ( what does the power brick say), seven led drivers per board which is weird if just 3 channels. Sort of makes sense if you have 18v dc and 7 drivers each driving 4 leds with a v( f) of 3.4- ish each on average 13.6 ish or more total. Rough guess.

And a voltage regulator circuit to power the fans.

The tc " as is" is a completely different method of control than what your light uses.
Would need way more info like do the driver ic's ( ic 03, ic 06, ect) use pwm and what are the parameters. If there are numbers on those ic's that should get you to the spec sheet.

I actually think you can possibly get the tc to work with it either as is if the driver ic's can "do" like 9v or higher pwm. If lower than the tc can be internally modified by adding a wire from the gate of the mosfet bypassing it.
That gate circuit is approx 5v pwm and 490- ish Hz

Also a much better description of exactly what it does or doesn't do would helpLuke do all the leds light with the controller unplugged or not.

Last edited:
US version sold by Aquaticlife and here is some of its fear and specs.

Aquatic Life Pulse LED offers powerful 275W for saltwater aquariums, featuring a sleek design. The fixture includes an on-board computer with a single knob for controlling color, white LEDs, moonlight, and storm functions. With 24 12,000K white LEDs, 45 blue LEDs, nine 420nm Actinic LEDs, and six pink LEDs, the aluminum fixture has a gunmetal gray finish, active cooling, and a battery backup for uninterrupted program retention during power loss.

The Cyrix brand doesn't seem too common.
Only model I found
Anyways it is pretty difficult to make any kind of guess as to what you can or can't do.
On the face of it it seems to be powered by 18v ( what does the power brick say), seven led drivers per board which is weird if just 3 channels. Sort of makes sense if you have 18v dc and 7 drivers each driving 4 leds with a v( f) of 3.4- ish each on average 13.6 ish or more total. Rough guess.

And a voltage regulator circuit to power the fans.

The tc " as is" is a completely different method of control than what your light uses.
Would need way more info like do the driver ic's ( ic 03, ic 06, ect) use pwm and what are the parameters. If there are numbers on those ic's that should get you to the spec sheet.

I actually think you can possibly get the tc to work with it either as is if the driver ic's can "do" like 9v or higher pwm. If lower than the tc can be internally modified by adding a wire from the gate of the mosfet bypassing it.
That gate circuit is approx 5v pwm and 490- ish Hz

Also a much better description of exactly what it does or doesn't do would helpLuke do all the leds light with the controller unplugged or not.

US version sold by Aquaticlife and here is some of its features and specs.

Aquatic Life Pulse LED offers powerful 275W for saltwater aquariums, featuring a sleek design. The fixture includes an on-board computer with a single knob for controlling color, white LEDs, moonlight, and storm functions. With 24 12,000K white LEDs, 45 blue LEDs, nine 420nm Actinic LEDs, and six pink LEDs, the aluminum fixture has a gunmetal gray finish, active cooling, and a battery backup for uninterrupted program retention during power loss.
Screenshot_20240223_115740_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Back