FS or trade: 180gal tank w/ stand and canopy

serpentman

part time superhero
I can't stand it any longer, its been over 6 months since I dismantled my tank and moved. Its becoming more apparent that the 180 will not fit on the main floor (at least not in the rooms that my wife and I agree it should go in). Therefore, I have decided to sell the tank, stand and canopy only (no equipment) in favor of downsizing. The tank is an AGA, is reef ready and is ready to go.

I am asking $300 obo and will consider trades for a small tank combo. Currently thinking a 125 would work.

DSCN3550.jpg

Maybe I should ask more? LOL. Front to back the 180" is 24". I think a 125 is 18".

Where I want to put it, this tank will jut out into the room too far.

Hey Kevin, Not really. I am still fighting with the builder to have a new well dug. However, it has been slightly better. Another big question is if I have sufficient pressure to use an RO/DI without a booster pump.

Although I am not that thrilled to go smaller, I am excited to finally get something up and running. Plus shopping for a new tank is cool.

Damn Jeff, I just realized it was'nt delivered, carried down stairs and put exactly where I needed with the dust pan in the picture included!!!!

lol j/k

So has the 150 arrived yet?
Have you began DIY rock vertical formations?
Get those 2 dedicated electrical lines moved yet?

Aha! I forgot to tell you, the dustpan was extra!

The 150 is on order and should be in later this week. Only catch, gotta go out to Vermilion to get it.

So far, work is at a standstill until I am 100% sure where it will go. Ronni has now changed her mind and now thinks it should go against a different wall. Where I want it to go, the floor is much stronger and probably less obtrusive down the line. However before I start drilling holes, etc., I figure I'll get it here and play around with it to see where it will go. Either way, its probably too big for my office. Lotta work to do so I am just gathering materials. Got the electrical stuff, new RO/DI unit and plumbing stuff.

Water ran red out of the tap again yesterday so it looks like we are going to have to redrill the well:(

How 'bout you, is the 180 up and running yet?

redrill the well?????
WOW.
I hope there is home buyer warranty for that. Wells are not my area of expertise, but I thought that was not an inexpensive adventure.

I am setting up nitragone nitrate removal (DIY version)
alk and Ca bi to quad daily dosing.
Makeup water with automated kalk powder addition (if I can keep it dry) and mixing for that resevoir and tieing it into all 4 tank's respective sumps.
Taking small sump offline and using large tub as well. Have lots on my plate that I want to get done by tomorrow evening.

So unfortunately, the 180...it will just have to sit for now.

I half expected it would be fired up. Just kidding, you have a lot on your plate. Definitely something to look forward to when you get back.

Drilling a new well is definitely not cheap. Fortunately, its not an expenditure I plan to make on my own. Things are getting a bit ugly but either the well driller or the builder are going to pay most of it, if they can't make this one work correctly. However, if we have to go the invasive route, its still a pain as they have to virtually destroy all the landscaping I worked all summer on to get the equipment where it needs to go.

Since I am a geologist, and wells are somewhat my specialty, I thought that I would at least let you know in case you want to tell the well driller that you know a geologist.... I didn't realize you had a water issue when we were there on saturday. Red water sounds like iron deposits from a shallow well in the sand and gravel, or possibly from a deeper well in the shale.

I looked at the groundwater resource map for Geauga, and based upon where your house is, you are in a spot between varying production. NE of you shows good production from the bedrock, while SW shows poor production from glacial drift sand & gravel. Sometimes no way to tell what the real problem is except to drill deeper! Hopefully you have a good well driller too! i deal with environmental drillers mostly, so can't help you there. Good Luck!

Thanks for the heads up. That will help in my discussions with the driller. The well is relatively shallow at 90'. Most of those that I talked to on the street (there aren't many yet) are around 150-200' and have no issues.

We have had an issues since day 1 so I think we have a pretty good case. However, there is likely to be a lot of finger pointing between the well company and the builder as to who should cough up the $.

I know enough about well drillers to know that they are the ones who usually determine installation. If they don't know enough about the area, then they will stop at the first saturated zone that meets the production requirements, not knowing water quality issues. Being that the sand and gravel unit is in the direction of downtown chardon, this water issue should be known amongst local drillers.

Finger pointing may come in if the builder told the driller to stop shallow, and doesn't want to admit it. If the driller is local, I would probably be more inclined to believe them, especially if your neighbors have deeper wells!!

Best of Luck!

Thanks. I am sure it is going to get interesting. The builder has a house under construction down the road and used the same well driller so I think he has some leverage to bring resolution.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they were directed to stop short on this one.

We just redrilled our well this past weekend. We had one at 260 ft. for the past 12 years. It was running low on water supply, so we decided to drill it deeper. We ended up going to 420 ft. We now have more water than we could ever use in a day.

I know what a pain this can be! I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks. Its a pain. Ironically we get a decent flow rate of 20g/min. However, if we draw hard like filling the bath tub in the master bath, it goes to crud. They have already raised the pump too.

I am concerned about blowing out my RO/DI unit. I upgraded to clear canisters so I know when its getting gunked.

Back