FS: Reef Octopus Skimmer and 250W double-ended MH's with VHO's for cheap!!!

MrSandman

Team RC
Skimmer: 150.00.

Reef Octopus Premium EXT 200. Got this from Ali's shop about 3 years ago. Did the meshwheel mod to the impeller and bored out the air intake line as well to get more air into the skimmer body. This is a gravity fed recirculating skimmer. Pretty neat design and worked great. Its in good condition and used it for about 2 years. Been sitting in my garage for the past year collecting dust. Paid about $350.00 brand new. Pictures attached.

Lights: 250.00.

2 x 250W Double-ended metal halide setup with supplemental lighting. Setup consists of:

-PFO HQI 2 x 250W dual ballast setup.
-Reef Optix III double ended pendants
-IceCap 660 ballast for VHO actinics
-Cables to the pendants have been extended to about 15 feet for each pendant so that the ballast could be stored farther from the tank.
-Entire setup is mounted in an oak plywood suspended canopy that is 36" in length. It has all the hardware needed to mount it minus the vertical cables that would secure to the ceiling. Those can be bought anywhere online for a few bucks.
-The pendants come with Phoenix 14K lamps that probably have about 50% of its life left. It also comes with 2 x 36" Actinic URI VHO's with about 50% of its life left as well. I can also throw in some other lamps that ihave used sparingly over the years as i was testing different bulbs.

This setup was run for several years and has been proven to grow corals, sometimes too fast. Its been sitting in my garage for the past 3 months collecting dust and i need to get rid of it to make space. Pictures attached.

Here are some pics of it hanging.
263605379_F3VW8-S.jpg

263605377_zEHrT-S.jpg

Pickup in Torrance. Prices are negotiable and i'm willing to accept trades for nice SPS, or other equipment like an Apex controller (willing to throw in $) or buckets of salt, Mag2/3 pumps, dosing pumps, a refractometer, or just about anything else.

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
  • lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ballast.jpg
    ballast.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
I also have an Aquamedic Oceanrunner 6500 pump for sale as well. Its practically brand new. Only used in freshwater for less than a day when i was testing new plumbing on my tank. Its a great pump. Search on RC for reviews and you'll know what i'm talking about. Bought it for about $180.00 new. Its still practically new. Will sell for $100.00.

PM replied.

Skimmer pending but taking backups just in case it falls through.

What size tank will that skimmer support?

Looked it up, was feeling lazy.

I don't remember exactly but I think it could easily handle a 200 gallon tank. It's not a small skimmer.

thats an excellent skimmer. i WISH you had this up a month ago, i just went through hell and back with someone shipping me a skimmer and it broke in shipping. THANKS FOR HOLDING OUT ON ME!

Skimmer sold!!!

Lights and pump still available. Buyers can also have frags of anything from my tank for free, within reason of course. This includes choosing from corals like pink jade, red planet, pink lemonade, Bennett tort, etc. PM me if you need more details.

Just got home and saw the skimmer that my husband picked up from you last week. It's in beautiful condition. I can't wait to get it set up! Thanks so much for your generosity with the acro frags. They look quite happy in our tank :)

Just got home and saw the skimmer that my husband picked up from you last week. It's in beautiful condition. I can't wait to get it set up! Thanks so much for your generosity with the acro frags. They look quite happy in our tank :)

You're welcome! Glad to hear you're happy and everything worked out. Hope the frags do well for you. Let me know if you ever need more.

Back