FS: Uncommon Clown Fish Pairs, and a Flame Hawk

Mrcat

Hi Guys,

Due to some health related issues I've decided to cut back on my tanks and I have a couple fish up for sale. I have two uncommon pairs of cownfish the first are a pair of Amphiprion Chrysopterus also known as the Blue Stripe Clown Fish or Orange Fin Clownfish. These fish are amazing and really do have a blue shimmer to their stripes. I have had both of them in captivity for over 2 years and have seen them almost double in size. The female is around 3" while the male is closer to 2".

$100 for the pair.

The second pair of clown fish is a large pair of Amphiprion Polymnus or sandle back clown fish, I had been planning on breeding this pair. The female has laid me a couple of batches of eggs before I had the male in the tank. She is a rare import from Papua New Guinea I had planned on trying to breed her. I was able to find a large juvenile from a trio of clowns and pair her with him. They haven't laid a viable batch of eggs since I paired them up. The female is over 4" and I would say close to full grown, the male is also very large at about 3". I really love these fish they are my babies and hate to part with them. I would really like for them to go to a large tank with someone well established with sensitive clown fish. The female scares easily and is prone to jumping so I recommend you have some sort of lid.

$100 for the pair.

Flame Hawk been in captivity over 3 years.
$15

I will update some photos later today, I will also be attending the meeting on Saturday and could bring any of the fish with me. Please PM me if you have any questions, Thanks.

I'll take the Chrysopterus pending pics. It just so happens I'm visiting my parents up in El Dorado Hills this weekend!

Sorry had troubles getting good photos of the guys no one wantedt to hold still, here's a couple photos I was able to get of the two clown fish pairs.
Chryso
chryso1.jpg
chryso2.jpg
Polemnus
polemnus1.jpg
polemnus2.jpg
polemnus3.jpg

Robert you have first dibs on the flame hawk, I can bring him with me to the meeting on Saturday.

How blue are the stripes? It's hard to tell from the pics. Do you know if these were collected in Fiji?

Hi Maximus the blue on these guys is a lot like a blue shimmer it has a lot to do with the lights and how they reflect off them that's why its so hard to see in the pictures. I would say that the closes thing I can relate it to is the shimmer the blue chromys have its white but its blue like a two tone paint job. I have also seen that the blue has become more noticeable as they have aged as well. As for if they are from Fiji yes they were caught in Fiji.

Last edited:

Oops I'm wrong they can from Fiji ** updated previous post

I would say they are a pair they do all the dancing and pair behavior. They are always close to each other in the tank.

I don't think they are that blue but that's a much larger fish it looks like. I know it darkens as they age. Let me try and get a couple non washed out photos

Do you live near Folsom by chance? I plan on going home on Sun and could possibly pick them up. Any chance we could meet near Folsom on Sun, around noon?

Chrysopterus are spoken for being picked up Sunday.

Updated Photo's

Updated Photo's

Had taken some updated photos of the Polymnus Clown Fish and I thought I would post them here since I still need to find a good home for these guys. If anyone is interested please let me know I would be a little flexible on the pricing if they are going to good home.

Thanks everyone

Clown Fish 1.jpg
Clown Fish 2.jpg
Clown Fish 3.jpg
Clown Fish 4.jpg

Back