Future Proof New Home Construction w/ Fish Room

lessthanlights

We're building a house and talking to a potential designer next week. An aquarium is not in the budget, but I'd like to future proof for a fish room. The main display tank will be either in-wall or free-standing with all the mechanicals in the fish room. It could be a 200-400 gallons- not large but not small either, nothing crazy. There will be no seperate display tanks in the fish room and it would be a storage closet until we're ready. Minimum requirements would be

dedicated outlets/circuit
roughed in sink
floor drain
ventilation
water-proof floor
a non-load-bearing wall for display in case we go in-wall
extra floor support

What am I missing, or what do you wish you had if you were starting from scratch?

Plan for humidity. Have a big enough vent fan to move humid air out of the house.

Also, storage for fish supplies. Space for water mixing station. Good lighting. A waterproof workspace next to your sink that will drain water into the sink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan for humidity. Have a big enough vent fan to move humid air out of the house.

Also, storage for fish supplies. Space for water mixing station. Good lighting. A waterproof workspace next to your sink that will drain water into the sink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the 'op was to go all out, I assume would be sensible to get a heat exchanger to stop heat loss.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back