Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish!

Eklikewhoa

Took some pictures and wanted to share them...

IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

Why wouldn't she be?

She will eat frozen mysis but I have a tank full of sargassum shrimp that I collected from the gulf for her to eat.

Anyone care to share pictures of theirs?

I am building a custom tank for mine which should be pretty awesome when done. Right now I have two females together and they love small peppermint shrimp!

Suppose to have a male coming soon.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12707502#post12707502 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Eklikewhoa
Why wouldn't she be?

She will eat frozen mysis but I have a tank full of sargassum shrimp that I collected from the gulf for her to eat.

Because all lions have a reputation for being picky eaters. Some or most will only eat live foods. I think the dwarfs are much easier to get eating frozen though.

I will try to take some pics of my Dwarf. Its a Fu Manchu Lion though, not a fuzzy.

Well I don't bother with the frozens for my little dwarfs.

I have a tank with about 150 peppermint shrimp that I have collected in the gulf(about an hour away) and they love it! I also like watching them "hunt" their food and I can also control what the peps eat. Peppermints are more game then the sargassum's and easier to transport home too.

Hey everyone,

Great looking fish everyone. Not to hijack the thread but I was wondering if there is any reason a fuzzy dwarf lionfish would stop eating? I've had him for about 2, maybe 3 years now and in the last 2 weeks he has stopped eating. Anyone have any ideas why this would happen.

What are you feeding? If it's prepared foods then it might be getting tired of it but without more info it's hard to tell.

PiXiCath - that's an awesome looking dwarf! I went to the LFS today cause they were suppose to get in another dwarf fuzzy but it turned out to be a dwarf zebra....it was very nice looking! Almost took it home too but didn't.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13264856#post13264856 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Eklikewhoa
Anyone care to share pictures of theirs?

I am building a custom tank for mine which should be pretty awesome when done. Right now I have two females together and they love small peppermint shrimp!

Suppose to have a male coming soon.

Here's mine, they are great fish. I keep mine in my reef with no issues. Got it real small and other then a few peppermint shrimp to get him going has never ate live food and never ate fish. I have to target feed him as he's too afraid to eat with the rest of my fish.

IMG_7449.jpg

IMG_7141.jpg

lion3.jpg

Back