Fuzzy tabling Acro

Myka

Reefing since '93
Anyone know what this might be? It has a strong tabling growth pattern - those tips are all the same height.

32006914154_96d06062e7.jpg

Polyps in (please excuse the rogue Bubble Algae that is photobombing):
32917131255_3589db54c5.jpg

This is the best pic of the tabling pattern, but if the pic was taken from a bit lower you would see that you could put a ruler across those tips. :)
32536853750_bf277c0966.jpg

Last edited:
I should have looked at the number of replies before I posted! Not much action in here! :lol:

I see some branches have immersed radulars towards the axial tips, that plus the rounded axials tips and the thickness of their walls is really hinting Acorpora sarmentosa to me.

I see some branches have immersed radulars towards the axial tips, that plus the rounded axials tips and the thickness of their walls is really hinting Acorpora sarmentosa to me.

Yeah, I could see that actually (comparing it to a known sarmentosa in my tank). It would be an atypical sarmentosa for sure though.

It's my best guess, yours only has a few concave corallites typical of it. The big thing that hinted me was how the radulars are coming in literally on top/ right on the "lip" of the axials. Some of those look to be concave on yours too. Who knows though as you know with acros it'seems always kind of a guessing game.

Back