FYI: Pinellas County water maintenance

fraggleRocks

Pinellas county water maintenance starts 9/3 and they will be switching from chloramines to chlorine disinfection. Not sure how much this will affect everybodys RODI units, just wanted to give everybody a heads up in case you werent aware of it :)

null_zpsfa855682.png

Where/how do you sign up for these notices? I suspect S Tampa just did something similar - I just had a new unit take a bad turn very suddenly - 3 months in and the membrane suddenly shot up the TDS output and burned up the DI after working very consistently since installation. SPS in that tank are not happy, but are coming back with RO maintenance - new carbon, sediment and DI. Usually, you get warning in the form of a slow creep up in TDS after the DI or a faster than normal consumption.

Anyone else in S Tampa notice or know of any issues in the last month or so?

oh wow. I've noticed my DI resin is pretty much good for the trash after around only 70 gallons. Recently (in the past 2 months) I have been getting diatoms and some slight algae blooms, nothing has changed in my daily tank routine and I suspect the water is to blame. My 150 as well as my 30 gallon are both experiencing the same issues, and they are separate systems.

I liked and followed City of Clearwater Government on Facebook. They posted this earlier today. I also follow Clearwater Police. They both post multiple times a day.

good to know - I just received my replacement sediment and carbon cartridges. Maybe I'll burn through DI until the changeover back to Chloramine is complete.

I'm only doing 1/2 gal a day on 150 gallons total water volume. Less is more when you have to be concerned what the county is doing to the water all the time. Rogergolf's experience was enough for me and my tank is doing just fine with smaller water changes now. I also changed out my resin and filters ahead of schedule just to be safe. Thanks for the info!

Back