Gap under acrylic tank

Smstrick

have always had large glass tanks up to 300gal, but decided to try acrylic for my new 75 project. Tank is a clear for life tank, spoke to manufacturer who recommended a leveling mat so using an aquarium neoprene leveling mat. I over built the stand, which has 2” top that is level , sanded completely flat from every angle and yet when I put the tank on the mat and stand there is a tiny gap (postcard thickness) along the front middle edge. Would this be the tank, and or maybe just not having compressed the mat, should I try and shim this with some playing cards like a pool table or is this normal empty state?

I wouldn't shim it, that will just create pressure points. If you are certain the top of your stand is true, then the tank it must be. Sounds like a pretty small gap that should easily be compensated for by the leveling mat. If you are still concerned, please post a picture.

20CD6D30-264D-4764-858A-632F8D5070A9.jpeg

Stand level and flat, triple checked this is wide enough for post card sling the front middle of tank only

Gap is about 2 feet across the front and about 4 inches is as far as a postcard will slid in. Mat seems a bit more compressed at that point as well

Should be OK, however, If you are SUPER concerned, squeeze in some soft silicon/rubberized caulk in that area...make sure its the one that stays flexible/rubberized...just my 2cents

Looking at my leveling mat it looks like the middle section is thinner or more compressed the the putter sections making full contact

Looking at my leveling mat it looks like the middle section is thinner or more compressed the the putter sections making full contact
The leveling mat is not level. That's a little funny.

I think you are safe to fill. When there's about 4 inches of water in there I suspect the gap will be gone.

Back