ge 6500k t5's

I haven't bought any T5's locally yet... but I do know that FAOIS has some, not sure if they have the GE6500.... might call and ask.

What size are you looking for?

john only sells geisemann t5's unless that has changed in the last 2 weeks since I was there.
it is very unlikely you will find the ge 6500 bulbs locally because most people don't go that high in kelvin for there homes and most fish stores don't carry t5 let alone a not for aquariums bulb. try grainger.com but I think the highest they go is 4100k these are what I am putting in my kitchen and they are about $15 at grainger. you can get 8 watt 6500k t5 normal output from them though. I just looked in the book and this is the best I see.

I have a friend at frontier lighting in clearwater and I will see if they have them. they have never had anything else I wanted but there's always a chance for a first

www.reefgeek.com has them if John doesn't..... are you looking for them for your tank or your home? If you need some for your home I have a pair of 6000K bulbs about a year old you can have. Too bad you didn't say something sooner, I just ordered bulbs from reefgeek and you could have saved the 5.95 shipping and got the bulbs for 11.95 each.

ok 1 phone call later and a yahoo yellow pages search gives me.
light bulbs unlimited in tampa off dale mabry somewhere.
bulbs are not in stock but they can order them and get them in a few weeks. list is $12.99 but they said they could give a discount, I asked for ge 6500k 54watt t5 ho. I told them who I work for when they gave me a better price but I am listing the $12.99 because I don't know if they will give everyone they same price. wholesalers are like that. I talked to bradford. they have to buy a case at a time so if you can find someone else to get some I am sure he would appreciate that also.
are you sure you want the 6500k bulbs? they are very yellow and orange and I am not sure the intensity is the same as some of the other 10-11k kelving bulbs. I have not seen any bulb studies on t5's yet but I think I rememeber reading this somewhere. dave have you seen this yet? also dave how are the t5's on your tank? you don't have anything else either do you?

warnberg- looking for 48" for the tank .....oh well maybe next time

robthorn- thanks for the calls. i'm starting to wonder more and more who you work for. i haven't seen the 6500k's in action but i hear they look like the iwasaki 6500k halides, which i agree look gross. sanjay joshi does a lot of studies on bulbs and if memory serves me right nothing compares as far as par. his old 180 was a testament to growth.

grimreefer has done par studies on the t5's and the 6500k's have about 1500 par compared to about 1150 for the aquablues. interestingly, the actinic plus/blue plus and the 6000k sun bulbs have about the same at 1000. here's the link, it's at the bottom.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s...281&perpage=25&highlight=t5 par&pagenumber=19

my plan is to go with one 6500k, two blue plus's to knock out the nasty, and one true actinic for pop. i like a lot of blue and you don't seem to sacfice hardly anything in the way of par. i will also try one 6500k and the rest blues to see if that true actinic makes a real difference. i may be splitting hairs but the 6500k's seem powerful.

i should probably just wait till uv lighting comes out with their line and screws up everything with more debate.

Funny, I posted in the lighting equipment section also asking if you could buy these GE's locally. I just have 1 in my setup, and I'd like to replace it, but 1 bulb with shipping hurts. I guess it's better to replace them all at once.

what's your lighting config. any pics? what do you think about the 6500k? is it hard to knock out the nasty ?

I personally have a 24" 4-bulb tek fixture. I have two blue+, one aquablue, and one GE 6500K. The GE by itself is very yellow, as would be expected, but wiht the other bulbs it's a very nice look.

I'm waiting to hear on the new ATI bulbs. I think they're available as we speak. Landragon is picking up a few, I think.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=837044
there are pics of my lighting in this thread. I run 4 actinics and 4 11k all from geissman and 4 ft in length. the tank hasn't been up and running very long so growth is hard to state but I do see lighter tips starting on most sps in the system. when I used ice cap ballasts it was bright but after 4 1/2 -5 months I noticed a drastic change in coral color and the bright blue tort tips faded out and growth appeared to stop or really slow at least. hoping it will pick back up soon.
matt if you want to know what I do for a living pm me and I will let you know how stupid it is that I can't post it.

new ATI bulbs? is it d & d bulbs? or ATI. as far as I know they closed down. then someone said they didn't then they were sold , then geismann is the same thing. hard to believe what you hear even when you think it's a reputable source.

matt it may be good for you to know john stocks 6500k geisemann bulbs just not the ge brand. I don't know the cost but that is pretty easy to find out. his prices are as good as if not better that reefgeek. but shipping is sometimes easier.

General Electric 54W 6500K Daylight T5 HO Fluorescent
Giesemann 54W 6000K Midday Sun T5 HO Fluorescent
Giesemann 54W 11000K Aquablue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent
Giesemann 54W Actinic/Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent
Giesemann 54W Pure Actinic 03 T5 HO Fluorescent
UV Lighting 54W 10000K AquaSun T5 HO Fluorescent
UV Lighting 54W 12000K Actinic White (50/50) T5 HO Fluorescent
UV Lighting 54W Super Actinic T5 HO Fluorescent

Availble 54 Watt T5 bulbs

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7390375#post7390375 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mattliu
oh god. what are the new ati's all about and aren't they called gieseman now ?

Sorry, I meant URI, not ATI. My bad. There's a whole thread on the new URI's, or UV, in the Icecap forum.

dave are they the same nasty pink lights as the vho? have you seen them yet? with the same name I imagine they are pretty crappy. not sure why everyone like the uri so much when they are so pink. coralife where so much nicer looking. you can always tell a tank with uri no matter what the animals look like it's always really pink. coralline seems to love it though

I think it's the aquasun's that are very pink. It's the URI t5 actinic bulbs that everyone is waiting for.

I haven't seen them but I have heard conflicting reports on the UV lighting bulbs. Some say they are very white but I would like to compair them side by side with the Giesemann's. Out of all the bulbs I have used (which is all of them I listed accept the UV's) the GE 6500 are par monsters as compaired to the others, however they are very very yellow, to offset that yellow look I added in the Giesemann 11000k's and the Actinic/Blue Plus's to offest that yellow look.

When I can get a hold of a pair of the UV's (12K) I do plan on doing some testing with them...

Back