Getting new lighting. Do you know this light?

itll do what you need it to do... hard truths. the led moon lights usually burn out fast and the reflectors on the T5s arent that good. to maximize that light unit. put in quality bulbs. that unit is that cheap for a reason. off brand bulbs and ballasts... so first mod would be switch out the cheap bulbs for quality bulbs....

Hope you didn't buy it. Cheap chinese fixture. Invest money in the lighting. At same price point Black Box leds are mucho better.. if this is your budget.

I went with a current usa orbit pro on my 75 g and love it! It has legs to set on also. My BTA does excellent with it also.

T5 Fixture

T5 Fixture

I've located(almost impossible to find)an Aquatic Life T5 4 bulb new fixture. Would it be adequate for a 75g mixed reef?......softies and some LPS

RWB3, is your current bright enough with 1 fixture? I'm reading that some are unhappy with the intensity.

I've located(almost impossible to find)an Aquatic Life T5 4 bulb new fixture. Would it be adequate for a 75g mixed reef?......softies and some LPS

Yes, that would grow Softies and LPS just fine, a 6 bulb would be better though. If you want a little more light in the future you can add LED strips.

IIRC the 4 bulb aquaticlife has active cooling as well? if not keep in mind you will have to replace the bulbs a lot sooner than in something with fans keeping the bulbs at the proper temp

Get a Geissman if you are going T5's, go with minimum 6 bulb, but preferably 8 or the rare 10. Best of luck.

So a person is trying to find a budget solution to lighting and you suggest the most expensive solution and way more bulbs than he needs?

Back