Getting out of the hobby sale

Grendel0501

I deleted my facebook last year after all the 'selling user data' issues. So I don't really know how to get this to the attention of the MARS group.

If someone can repost this on the main MARS forum I'd appreciate it.

I've been in the hobby for almost 7 years now, I use to volunteer time at Kermits before they closed, and I've been running my tanks for over 5 years.

I want to sell everything at once, and will probably wait afew months to see if anyone wants the full setup before considering parting everything out.

So... what all do I have?

Display Tank
120g (4ftx2ftx2ft) Aqueon, reef ready with dual 'megaflow' overflows, connected to a 40g breeder sump
The tank has a cherry wood stand and canopy, however the stand is really just a 2x6 heavy duty frame with cherry wood facade only on the front. (This tank was in a prebuilt cubby).
Neptune Apex reef controller (black model, not orange) with 2 EB8's, breakout box with 6 float valves, and a Netgear wireless adapter.
Lighting: 2 Kessil A350N's and 2 Kessil A150w Blue, and a Ecoxotic strip for moonlight
Skimmer: Super Reef Octopus 2000int, in sump skimmer with 1gallon overflow container, connected to apex so it won't overflow
2 TLF Phosban 150's with pump
2 BRS 1.1ml dosing pumps with Cal/Alk
Heater: Ehim Jager 300w
Flow: 3 generic 1100gph powerheads on EB8 for wave/variation
150lbs of live rock and another 100lbs of dry rock
40-60lbs of sand

Nano Tank

Nuvo 16g, the original Nuvo's, with the curved glass. I've had this up and running for 5 years and am wary to sell/move it, everyone else (internet included) who owned one of these gorgeous tanks broke it at some point. Memfish had one on their counter for awhile.
The original lights burned out so I replaced them with 4 brighter strips
With timers tank has, dusk/dawn, daylight and moonlight configs
Sicce pump and nano heater
Really nice nano tank, kinda don't want to sell it.

Frag tank/Hospital tank rack

I have a frag tank and a hospital tank in my back room. These are more for utility than looks, but are really necessary if you want to be succesful in the hobby.

Frag Tank:
45g (3ftx2ftx16in) frag tank, eshopps HOB overflow connected to a 40g breeder sump
Lighting : 24in ReefBreeders Photon version 1 with built in timer and remote
Skimmer : Vertex 120g
2 BRS 1.1ml Dosing pumps with Cal/Alk
1 TLF Phosban 150 for carbon

Hospital tank
20gL with Eshopps overflow connected to smaller 10g hospital tank for seperation.

RODI mix station
1 6-stage RODI 75gph unit
2 65g agriculture containers for mixing saltwater/storing RO.
2 200g boxes of instant ocean salt

Extras
250w IceCap MH ballast
Extra filter socks
5g bucket of lignite carbon
Fish tank
Hydor nano skimmer
random pumps
lots of buckets
wet/dry trickle filter

Live Stock:
1 Regal Tank, has HLLE
2 Clownfish mated pair
2 Lyretail Anthias male/female
1 Flame Angel
1 Midas Blenny
1 Scooter Blenny
1 Talbot Damsel
1 Shrimp goby
1 Royal Gramma
1 Purple firefish

2 Cleaner shrimp
1 Blood Shrimp
1 Pin Cushion Urchin
Several hermits crabs
Several snails/ reef safe cowries
2 carribiean Red serpent starfish
2 regular serpent starfish
1 brittle starfish

Corals
GPS
orange yuma
pink monti
favia

This stuff probably totals well over $6,000 when it was new, all the tanks except the hospital are mature and have been up and running since 2013. I'm asking $1,400 for everything. Buyer needs a pickup and some friends to get everything out of here. Its everything you need to enjoy the hobby, a display tank, a nano tank, a hospital tank, a frag tank and a 2x65g mixing station.

Picture of Nano Tank

120g Display Tank

Frag and Hospital tank rack

Contact me on ReefCentral, my username is Grendel0501, or send me a email grendel0501@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Back