GHL and Apex dosing pumps and controllers

LuizW13

Anybody have the GHL Profilux 4 controller?

I'm interested in getting a dosing pump in the next few months and was leaning towards the GHL pumps, but wanted to know how people feel about the newest version of the profilux.

The reason for this post is that I'm trying to find out if the GHL standalone dosing pump is compatible with the Apex controller(I know, different brands).

Apparently, the DOS is big, clunky, loud and only works if connected to Apex controller; plus it's only 2 heads, what's up with that?
From what i've gathered, Apex seams to be the better controller solution overall, but i don't need a controller now or anytime soon.

Long story short, I want a GHL doser, and future me wants an Apex controller. :fun5:

I'm a longtime apex guy (just bought the newer unit), but I went with the GHL Doser 2 and slave unit. I wouldn't say that the DoS is necessarily loud or clunky but it clearly is only two hands which makes it more costly than the GHL. GHL Doser is not Apex compatible and never will be. I just run mine as a standalone, which is just fine. Less eggs in the one proverbial basket.

I'm a longtime apex guy (just bought the newer unit), but I went with the GHL Doser 2 and slave unit. I wouldn't say that the DoS is necessarily loud or clunky but it clearly is only two hands which makes it more costly than the GHL. GHL Doser is not Apex compatible and never will be. I just run mine as a standalone, which is just fine. Less eggs in the one proverbial basket.

Hm, Never thought of doing that. Thanks for the input!

Plux user - the stand alone GHL dosers essentially use the PLux software (not as involved, though) but the dosing screens are the same. With a bit more features if you have a Plux. I've a Plux 3 that I bought used 3 years ago that hasn't missed a beat. I'm a fan.

The dosers I have are old and aren't as sexy as the new ones, but they are solid, reliable, and accurate.

The screens aren't as pretty as Apex, but I also don't have to program each function, either. PLux has a lot of built in logic with drop down menus you use. Plus the cooling/heating etc. is just there. Once you read the doc and understand how it goes about doing what it does - it's really simple. And rock solid reliable.

My box txt's me for alarms and such, I have solenoids that fill water bins, logic around salinity drops and all that. float alarms for AWC bins, etc.

I don't get into the computer often so remote access isn't a big deal. Having someone clear the errors/alarms is really the important stuff (built in timers and alarms for ATO functions, BTW) so while they do have cloud access to the box, I don't find it compelling.

Not having modules all over the place is nice, so that's a plus to me from Apex.

I also have a 10+ year old Plux2 that's still plugging away on a quarantine box.

Back