Giant clam...

hersheyb

I was housing this for a friend awhile back...Anybody ever seen a clam this big??

Those are 3" tiles next to it.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to keep it too long... that thing ate up all my po4 in my 300 gal system... some of my sps ended up bleaching.
ae19c3a16885a7603578f6988a1bd39c.jpg
d6f9c03508c0f455aa12102f50b53f98.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

That's a big one. I think Nanook has one that size.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

No it belongs to a friend, I was just house sitting it for a few days..

amazing. Did your friend grow it out?

Back in the early 2000's there was an online store/warehouse-type store called Fraggle Reef ran by Miguel (he was on RC too). He had a squamosa so big that it acted as a host for his pair of clowns. They would go in and out of its "mouth". This clam looks big enough to host clowns, although I don't think it's too good for the clam haha.

No he didn't grow it out, he picked it up from someone that grew it out.. n was tearing down his tank... def big enough to host a pair of clowns

I was housing this for a friend awhile back...Anybody ever seen a clam this big??

Those are 3" tiles next to it.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to keep it too long... that thing ate up all my po4 in my 300 gal system... some of my sps ended up bleaching.
ae19c3a16885a7603578f6988a1bd39c.jpg
d6f9c03508c0f455aa12102f50b53f98.jpg

I hear they are tasty eaten raw.

These are the nicest "big" clams, but have you guys seen a gigas? Kind of ugly, but there was a shop in, I think Buena Park, that had a huge one. Like if I remember correctly, it was like 2 feet across.

I went snorkeling in Palau in a clam Sanctuary and there were clams the size of a Honda Civic. A person could fit inside the mouth. They had beautiful colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went snorkeling in Palau in a clam Sanctuary and there were clams the size of a Honda Civic. A person could fit inside the mouth. They had beautiful colors

that must of been amazing....

wow! I had no idea clams could grow so huge. What kind were they?

Back