Goby and Srimp pair?

beaupierce

Hey all,

I was thinking about getting a goby and shrimp pair. Anyone got any good ideas? I have a 125 reef tank.
Cheers

Yasha goby and Randalls pistol shrimp. They even look like they were made to be together.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12220205#post12220205 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by seapug
yep. If anything it's too big and you'll never see them. They are shy.

I put the same thing in my 65 and haven't seen them more than once in the month I've owned them. Really neat pair of critters, but not much enjoyment given their refusal to come out of hiding.

I was thinking about a pistol shrimp for my watchman, but a dealer actually talked me out of it. He said their noise can get really annoying, and can actually kill other fish with it.

Make sure you have a sand bed.
The pair will hide the first few months and will start to come out once they feel comfortable. Look for em at feeding time at the bottom of the tank in a month or so after introduction.
Once they start coming out, they are a great addition.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12220709#post12220709 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by swilcoxen
I put the same thing in my 65 and haven't seen them more than once in the month I've owned them. Really neat pair of critters, but not much enjoyment given their refusal to come out of hiding.

I've had my pair for almost three years now and I see them every day. Every fish is going to be different.

Depends on their tankmates as well -- larger, more aggressive fish will keep the pistol and goby in hiding more IME.

My orange spotted goby and tiger pistol shrimp occupy the right-hand 1/3 of my 90g. They used to live in a 30g and had tunnels all over the entire floor of the tank, and wandered around a lot more -- now that there are bigger fish in their tank, they tend to stick to home base most of the time. Luckily they've constructed their cave in a back corner on the side of the tank that's viewable from our couch; whenever I watch TV I can look over and see how they're doing :)

Here's a pic of Digger and Goober - I think o-spots and tigers look pretty good together :D
o_sgobyshrimp.jpg

This is a good shot of Goober. I think these are very pretty little gobies, somewhat underrated:
osgFeb2.jpg

ACBlinky, nice pair!

I have a tiger pistol on the way from Liveaquaria to go with my orangespot. He'll be here Wednesday. I'm hoping it will coax the goby out a little more. I only see him once a week or so.

Back