Going crazy!!

wlr4

i don't know what to do now, and want to see what some of you would do in this situation! Alright...i have a 75 not drilled and i just payed to have it filled for the second time due to a salt issue the first time! All I have so far is a powerhead, a heater, live sand and a current HO lighting fixture that was given to me! I have found lr that I don't want to pass up from someone here, without a skimmer though because i was planning on going with a hang on!! Would you forget the lr now, drain the tank again and learn to drill, or snatch the lr and next pay buy an external overflow box and skimmer and keep the tank filled and with lr?? Thanks

Live rock will be fine with a power head and heater.Get the LR and let the tank start to cycle a skimmer will not be needed until you start adding live stock and corals.

I have a 100 gallon rubbermaid you could use if you wanted to drain the 75 and get it drilled then just put the water back into the 75 once it is setup to go. It would save throwing the water away and you could put your live rock in it as well while your drilling and setting up your tank. HTH John

If you do not want to drill I have an overflow/sump/skimmer setup that would be great for a 75g .The setup was used on a 265 gallon setup I bought it is way under sized for that sized SPS tank but would be outstanding fo a 75g if your stand had room for the sump.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15416527#post15416527 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Seraphim
Not sure if you can drill a 75......Methinks they are tempered

Only the bottems are tempered.

You can have this sump,overflow, mag7 return pump, needle wheel skimmer and filter sock holders for $100.You might want to lose the bio balls later if you plan on keeping sps coral but the filter socks should keep the sump relatively clean.

Back