going out of town... HELP!

topher oner

hi reefers!

I'm going out of town next weekend and i'll be gone for five days with no one being able to check on the tank or feed the fish.

Does anyone have any ideas so when i do get home no one is floating upside down or being eaten by my cleaner shrimp???

Thanks! :confused:

the fish should be fine with out food for that long. get you lights on an timer so they come on and go off at the same time everyday. the biggest problem with be the amount of water that will evaporate that the 5 day time period, so look into an auto top off...

Do you have an auto top off? The fish should be ok not eating for 5 days. Without an ATO evaporation could cause a problem.

i myself when i leave that long i do big water change and feed heavily the day i leave and leave the lights off for the 5 days. little extra r/o and with the lights off it helps with evaporation.

Thanks for the advice guys, it's very much appreciated. I did a water change this past weekend so I should be good in that dept.

I have a timer but I may adjust it so they only have light for 5 hours instead of seven. The extra ro/di is such simple but very handy advice... didn't even think of that.

once again - thanks folks!

Back