Going to Gary's

Dubbin1

OK I'm headed up to Gary's in a few min. If anyone local needs anything just call me on the cell.

Well I'm back :) They had alot of good looking fish and some nice corals but the prices were pretty darn high. Saw a few dyed corals too :rolleyes: I also saw this big ugly dude that goes by the name of John :D
I picked this guy up for $19 (they had another one a few tanks down that was much smaller for $25 :rolleyes: )

PICT3175.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826510#post6826510 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Well I'm back :) They had alot of good looking fish and some nice corals but the prices were pretty darn high. Saw a few dyed corals too :rolleyes: I also saw this big ugly dude that goes by the name of John :D
I picked this guy up for $19 (they had another one a few tanks down that was much smaller for $25 :rolleyes: )

PICT3175.jpg

Aww I don't think hes so ugly. What does he eat? Is he like my "rock eaters"? I named mine Stoner and Pebbles. Does he look like a John?

( I just love those little critters)
Now, how long will you have to keep him in a quarantine tank?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826631#post6826631 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by OneThunder
Aww I don't think hes so ugly. Does he look like a John?

LOL no no no I was saying that I ran into John (selgado) while I was there :lol:

Oh there was this a lady in there that was looking to get a condy anemone for her clown fish. Even though one of the workers was standing there I thought I would speak up and tell her that there is not a very good chance that it will host her clown (the worker agreed with me). Anyway, she just says "I don't care because the clown is living in her leather and biting it". This lady knew nothing about anemones and is just going to kill it. I just rolled my eyes and walked away since she obviously didn't care what anyone had to say and she was going to do it no matter what :rolleyes:

Oh I also picked up a bulkhead for the NORA frag tank while I was there.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826782#post6826782 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Anyway, she just says "I don't care because the clown is living in her leather and biting it". This lady knew nothing about anemones and is just going to kill it. I just rolled my eyes and walked away since she obviously didn't care what anyone had to say and she was going to do it no matter what :rolleyes:

I went thru two anemones for Nemo. The lady at Ocean treasures said he might be puncturing the membrane. He was quite active with it. This was before I got Spot. I was going to try to recreate the entire cast of Nemo. BTW- could that be possible?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826782#post6826782 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Oh there was this a lady in there that was looking to get a condy anemone for her clown fish. Even though one of the workers was standing there I thought I would speak up and tell her that there is not a very good chance that it will host her clown (the worker agreed with me). Anyway, she just says "I don't care because the clown is living in her leather and biting it". This lady knew nothing about anemones and is just going to kill it. I just rolled my eyes and walked away since she obviously didn't care what anyone had to say and she was going to do it no matter what :rolleyes:

Oh I also picked up a bulkhead for the NORA frag tank while I was there.

So wish I could have went, but the wife reminded me I promised to take the kids to see a movie...

Dave

gosh, sometimes I just want to smack the it's pretty and I'll buy it if I want to people. Gary's should go the route that some other stores go and refuse to sell innappropriate items for people's tanks. but they won't because in the end it's still about the $$, just like everywhere else.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6828440#post6828440 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigdaddyadam
gosh, sometimes I just want to smack the it's pretty and I'll buy it if I want to people. Gary's should go the route that some other stores go and refuse to sell innappropriate items for people's tanks. but they won't because in the end it's still about the $$, just like everywhere else.

Yea and the salesmen trying to make a buck too. At PSP tonight the guy was trying really hard to get me to buy a yellow tang for my 46 gallon. I kept telling him my tank wasn't big enough and he just said it is a beautful hardy fish it will be fine. I didn't buy it btw.

Dave

I'm really disappointed that Gary isn't keeping his SPS under halides. I guess I won't be buying any of his SPS until he fixes it.

I noticed that. I think he's got zoo rocks under halides though. What are they thinking? BTW, how was his blue tang doing, the huge one? Last time I was in it was on the bottom laying on its side.

It was sucked up against a powerhead when I saw it and there is some kind of white fungus growing all over some of the zoa rocks. A buddy of mine bought the smaller hippo that was there.

Back