Golden Stellatus Puffer

sc50964

I've had a number of puffers in the past, and never once came across this kind. Is it rare?

1c7cb70293d453d8e73e7374180a7d6a.jpg

d25ff487ed9abe94874aeb9da84f07f7.jpg

I wouldn't say rare just unusual coloring. Nice looking stellatus, hope you have a huge tank. They can get up to 47 inches in length.

I wouldn't say rare just unusual coloring. Nice looking stellatus, hope you have a huge tank. They can get up to 47 inches in length.

Thanks..., my biggest tank is 180g. He is about 4" now, but probably not a good idea to get him.

If you are into that pattern you probably can find a reticularis, or maybe a hispidus they don't get as large, a little less than half the size of a stellatus- a bit more size appropriate for a five foot tank

nice , they do take a long time to grow, so you most likley will never see it get over a foot or so in length, your tank is ok

Average size for these puffers is around 21 to 22 inches so you might never will see this puffer reach his full size but you never know. They aren't fast growers yet do you want to have a fish that you have had for over ten years suddenly be too big for your tank and then make a difficult decision- give up a pet that you have grown attached too or just leave him in your tank letting him get cramped up.

Average size for these puffers is around 21 to 22 inches so you might never will see this puffer reach his full size but you never know. They aren't fast growers yet do you want to have a fish that you have had for over ten years suddenly be too big for your tank and then make a difficult decision- give up a pet that you have grown attached too or just leave him in your tank letting him get cramped up.

Excellent point. I don't want that for my pet. Thanks.

Back