Goldflake & Joculators Spawning - Possibly first time ever captured on video

o2manyfish

o2manyfish
Earlier this year I caught my Goldflake Angels spawning one night. I have lots of contacts in the hobby and nobody has ever heard of Goldflake Angels spawning in captivity (ever).

Tonight while heading upstairs to bed at midnight I caught the Goldflakes getting a little frisky. I grabbed my cell phone and managed to catch not 1 but 2 pairs of angels spawning - in less than 90 seconds (the video is 100% unedited).

This tank also has a trio of spawning Bellus Angels, a trio of spawning Flameback angels and last week for the first time ever I caught my Venustus angels spawning.

Here's a chance for you to see something that perhaps nobody else ever has until tonight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8dZ8BaiMijc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow....that's a sight to see! Seems the other fish were enjoying some expensive caviar. Do you ever try to save the eggs and grow out any fry?

Wow....that's a sight to see! Seems the other fish were enjoying some expensive caviar. Do you ever try to save the eggs and grow out any fry?

Impossible - 400g tank. Packed with corals (as you can see) and over 150 fish in the tank. No chance to capture the eggs. And I don't have the means or patience to maintain the water quality or produce the various live foods they need to develop.

Dave B

It's not the tank, I think it happens to everything and everyone who visits Dave's place. Every time I go over to his place I always leave with an unbelievable desire to go home and get frisky with the missus! Dave is the RC's Hugh Hefner. He even walks around in a bathrobe with pictures of horny fish.

Spawn Ranch I tell you. Older reefers should get this, right Charlie, errr Dave??

Back