Good deal on Reef Crystals 160 gallon bucket

South City

Petsmart is selling the $160 gallon bucket of Reef Crystals for $32.49 through the holiday weekend.

http://www.petsmart.com/food-care/salt/instant-ocean-reef-crystals-aquarium-reef-salt-zid36-32188/cat-36-catid-300063?var_id=36-32188&_t=pfm%3Dsearch

I also received a $10 rebate offer from Instant Ocean via email. Here's a link to the rebate form. The rebate is active until the end of 2016.
http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=e480fa77b490237eca2dceefd51f38a35573ee6fc6db56973d2b463d1764631a

Here's a screenshot if you have concerns over clicking on that link!

instant%20ocean_zpsylfvmjmw.jpg

Last edited:
Been using Red Sea Pro for 2 buckets. I like it, but is tempting to go back to RC for that price. Nearly 1/2 the $$

I've been using Instant Ocean products all along. They've always been good to me. On my current tank, I use the regular IO. Its small with just some softies and a few LPS as far as coral. No need for Reef Crystals in that tank.

I have already got a few 200 gallon cases of Reef Crystals that I found on sale earlier for my 180 gallon when it's finished. That tank will have a lot of SPS in it. I'll probably swing by Petsmart and pick up some of these buckets. I also want to see if they have any of the special buckets with this years limited edition free instant ocean T shirts in them.

I think they only have one bucket per store. I just ordered a bucket online to be picked up at the store from the Brentwood location and they now show as sold out there when you check the website again. Hopefully they will get more in.

Just purchased a 160 bucket and if you use DPMAY15 you can get an extra 10% off so basically $27.62 and if you purchase 3 of them you'll get 15% off... So basically using the mail-in rebate form i'll end up paying $18 .. not too bad.. Thanks for posting

Well if you are a RC fan I suggest stocking up on the stuff at that price......that is considerably lower than wholesale.

Maybe I should stock up......:lmao:

Well if you are a RC fan I suggest stocking up on the stuff at that price......that is considerably lower than wholesale.

Maybe I should stock up......:lmao:

I'm surprised you haven't if your not going to at that price :idea:

dont mnow about u guys but ive been using reef crystals for about 6 months and i just realized that my alkalinity shoots thru the roof after a water change, abiut 13 dkh

I picked up the one bucket they had available at the Brentwood store. He said they may get more in on Monday and the sale lasts until Tuesday. So hopefully I can score some more before this good deal is over.

Just a reminder, to get this as cheap as possible, you do need to order and pay for it online and then pick it up at the store.

Showed some in stock this morning. It didnt warn me that they only had one so i ordered 5, went through the checkout all the way to confirming the order with 5 buckets. When i clicked confirm it showed that i bought 1 for 29 and took off the extra discounts... was fine driving 20 miles for 5 buckets but not for 1. Going to have to call them and cancel

Per the small print on the website, if you don't pick it up in 7 days they return the item to inventory and refund your card.

If you can wait until Monday, there is a chance more stock will be coming in. At least that is what the manager from the Brentwood store told me. The sale runs until Tuesday so you wouldn't even have to mess around with any of it on the holiday itself.

I was able to buy 3 buckets from the West Florissant store and get them successfully ordered around midnight last night and will be picking them up today. I had an errand up that way anyway so I wasn't driving too far out of my way. That will make 4 total for me and I'll probably let it go at that this time around!

Showed some in stock this morning. It didnt warn me that they only had one so i ordered 5, went through the checkout all the way to confirming the order with 5 buckets. When i clicked confirm it showed that i bought 1 for 29 and took off the extra discounts... was fine driving 20 miles for 5 buckets but not for 1. Going to have to call them and cancel

Last edited:
It looks like there is a single bucket available at the South County Lemay Ferry location in case anyone was looking to grab one before the sale ends today. All the other locations in the metro area appear to be completely out of stock.

If you order and pay for it online today, per the website, you have a week to stop by and pick it up at the store before its returned to inventory.

Back