Good glass?

canar

Addicted to bright lights
Ok so I got a new Sony Alpha.

I was not happy with the lens it came with. The macro focus has a very short focus range.

I bought a new Sigma 28-135mm F3.8-5.6 macro lens. When I zoom it all the way out and flip the macro switch on the lens it does a pretty decent job. I will post a couple pics from it at the end of this post.

My question is is there better? Is there a lens out there that will make me go wow compared to this one? If so which and why?

Reading these posts makes me feel like I am missing something..

mmillie.jpg

drpurple.jpg

Are you shooting perpendicular to the glass? It looks like your images have glass distortion on them and excessive chromatic aberration.

Okay what is this entire perpindicular to the glass thing I know it helps but I dont quite underdtand what it is and yes I passed all my math classes and know it sort of means opposite of parrellel but not sure what you all mean so if someone could explain thanks and sorry for such a dumb question

Steve

Glass distorts the image if you are not shooting through it at 90 degrees. I may not be so noticable when normal viewing, but try looking through your tank at an extreme angle and you will see. It's even more noticable when shooting macro, it doesn't take much of an angle to start seeing the distortion.

Get Canon glass and you cant go wrong .!!!!!!! and yes you have to be straight and level opposite your subject when going through tank glass

From what ive heard and my next purchase will be the Canon 100MM2.8 macro, L series quality without the L series price , Canons top shelf glass is the L series line of lenses, not sure if they will mount up to your camera youll have to find that out

Back