Good plumbing supply store in Appleton?

I have an extra 3/4" Uniseal I could let you have for what I paid- $2 or so. I'd have to check my receipt. I might also have a spare 1". Let me know if you're interested.
Allen

BTW- Eric- I could also make use of another barrel if you've got more coming your way.

Well just a little heads up there is a little work needed when receiving the plastic drums I receive! Which may scare some away! We get our inks, and other various ink supplements in the 55 gallon drums! The thing is the plastic they come in is not porous and does not suck up any of the chemical! What I do is rinse them out good then give them a good vinegar bath and let it sit for a day or 2 with the vinegar in them! I cut the tops off to be able to get my arms and half my body inside in order to get my bulkheads installed! But like I said they do have chemicals in them before hand and some people don't want to use them. I have been using mine for over a year now and like I said the plastic doesn't leach anything into it! Its up to you but I can let you know if you would still like some! Normally takes a few months to get one! Anyone who is interested go ahead and PM me and I will go from there!

Eric

I guess the next logical question would be, what do you do with the 55 gallons of vinegars after your done bathing the drum?:lmao:

I acquired some 'food grade' barrels a while back to store heating pellets in. The barrels were used to import olives and after four years, they still smell like olives.

I better clarify this! LOL...what I did was use a gallon of vinegar and the rest water and let it sit! Like I said some people may not want them because they are worried! However I have been using them as well as someone else I know for quite some time! If your nervous or worried I would say don't do it! Just saying what I use and how I cleaned them up!

Eric

Ok, just to let everyone know, I got a couple of the blue barrels from the craigslist ad. Anyway, the guy works for Door County Winery, and the barrels were used to transport the fruit juice used to make the wines (not the wine itself... :) ). I have one that smelled like a giant raspberry...it's pretty funny.

They have the removeable plugs, but you do need to cut off the tops to get into them (good call Eric). Sawzall works pretty well for this.

The guy I dealt with says that they have hundreds of these barrels available ($10/each) and he is in GB atleast once per week so he can meet you easily. He brought them to me with a flatbed truck that he says can hold 12, so there is no issue getting a larger number of them...although if he has to make a special trip on the weekend or something he would need gas money.

I have one extra barrel I have already cut the top off of (rather unstraightly too I might add :D ), and if someone wants it pm me. Otherwise, I can provide you the contact info for the guy if you want to get more.

Yeah you wouldn't think it would be that hard to get a bulkhead down in there! I literally laid the barrel on its side and crawled halfway in it to get it on and tightened! I as well used a sawzall to cut the top off of it! I love the setup I have now easy to get the water out just turn the valve and there it is!

Eric

I have a trick I once used to install a bulkhead into a barrel. I tied a weight to the end of a string, such as a large nut. I then put the string into the barrel and from there it was easy to get the nut and string through the hole I'd cut. Holding onto the end of the string outside the hole I slid the bulkhead on the other end. It then dropped right down to the hole. I just stuck my finger in and pulled the bulkhead through the hole and screwed on the nut. It's possible to get it plenty tight by gripping the threads on the outside while wearing a rubber glove while you manually tighten the nut.

Allen

Back