Got Rhodactis?

sharkdude

recently added a few new acquistions to my rhodactis mushroom collection. I may take a few individual polyps to the swcfm this weekend.
Looking for local so cal trades for other rhodactis.

Pics from last night. Artistic license with names!

in center of zoas, 'Grapefruit' rhodactis (pink and green)
P1010329.jpg

P1010311.jpg

here is another one of same type
P1010333.jpg

'Blues' (as in I've got the blues) rhodactis
P1010336.jpg

in center
P1010341.jpg

'Ruby Reds' Rhodactis
P1010338.jpg

P1010352.jpg

'Tangelo' Rhodactis near pink zoas
P1010308.jpg

Nice rhodacti! I love your zoos too. You have a very nice collection. I wish you were closer so I could try and get a few of those pink ones in the last pic off you ;)

In pic 4...... on the left, the pinkish flat coral looks like a plate...what is it?

In pic 5....... the brownishpurple with white spots around the edge at teh botton of pic..... what is that?
Also the tubular looking lightbrown & beige next to the above....what is that?

I've never seen the bottom 2 pieces anywhere and they are very nice looking.

BTW.... I wasn't ignoring your shrooms, nice varitey you have. Your zoos are pretty sweet too!

Nice .. inchohatas? right? I like them a lot but haven't gotten one of them myself yet.

For Aliie looks like a montipora capriconis - SPS type coral

Thanks for the compliments all!

yeah, the "the pinkish flat coral looks like a plate" I think is my orange montipora capricornis.

the "the brownishpurple with white spots around the edge at teh botton of pic" is the mantle of my large sqaumosa clam.

not sure what you are refering to here "Also the tubular looking lightbrown & beige next to the above" ?

as far as inchohatas, I'm not sure if rhodactis have different species or all same species with dirrent color morphs?

what do you guys think of the names I've assigned to the rhodactis? if the Zoanthid people can make outrageous names, then why not us Shroom affecianados as well?

no, I've never seen this monti cap at a lfs, but relatively common around here in So Cal. I got originally at a frag swap many years ago.
very tolerant of wide variety of water and light conditions and fast grower.

Okay thanks..... seems like herer we have limited things available. I'm considering making a US tour and collecting all the specimens I want. I like the way it's shaped....adds alot of depth to the tank. Very nice!!

If you're really willing to travel Aliie, you *must* come visit my LFS. Everytime I snag something for my tank from somewhere else I kind of sigh and go, "I should have waited and got something from the LFS I usually go to" .. its in Orlando if you ever come down this way :)

Look out what you wish for Chrisstie!!! :lol:

From the looks of SharkDude's zoos I may need to plan a CA trip too!

I like his plate corals -the weird tentacle flat things in the back in the first few pics :) How about we just go raid his house?

Thanks Engine and ChAoTiCrEeFeR4U !

Christee and Aliie: all reef chicks, hmm, I mean exceptional women of reef, always welcome anytime for a visit! :D I'm 1.5 miles down the street from Disney.

travisurfer: got a pic? have any other varieties?

You heard him Chrisstie! We can raid his tank and have a vaction!! Pick a date!

Robcropper: PICS!!

Travisurfer: PICS!!

Back