Great Barrier Reef WARNING LOTS OF PHOTOS!

edr42

Went out for a quick trip to the reef the other day, (a good way to relax during the stressfull exam period).
These Photos are from Wheeler Reef out from Townsville, one of my favourite haunts.

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

(Christina peering at fish)

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

And More

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

And lastly, i dunno whether this will work, but this should be a movie of a small and amiable white tip reef shark.

wow i am so jelous i went through all 130 of them and wow thats so pretty and great camera skills.
what camera were you using and whats the max depth there.

i'm using a canon IXUS400 digital with a WPDC800 UW housing. Someone nicked my strobes a while ago, so it was all done with available light.
The max depth was around 15 metres (50 feet). The visibility out on the reef was over 40 metres (120 feet), so i couldn't have asked for better contidions.

Wheeler is part of the protected "green zone" of the GBR marine park, so it is as healthy as can be, people seem to forget that the GBR is over 2,500 km long, so there are almost an infinite number of pristine undiscovered reefs out there if you look.

From a guy in Texas, I have to say thank you. That is such a treat. Can I get a link to the rest of your images?

Thanks for the pics and video. I will be in Mexico during Feb. and cant wait to go snorkeling there.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8819775#post8819775 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CTS
Thanks for the pics and video. I will be in Mexico during Feb. and cant wait to go snorkeling there.

Um....just in case...although I'm probably way off... this thread is about the Great Barrier Reef, nowhere near Mexico. It is off the coast of Australia. :)

CTS, are you heading to Cancun or Cozomel?

I'm in the process of sorting out my photos on my computer (all 12,000 of them!) so there will be some more posted sometime soon. (oh, and merry christmas!)

Back