green banded goby

EvilMel

is a serious goby fanatic
Hello,

I also read your article and it was great. Hardly ever do I hear people talk about the shrimp I have. You have convinced me that I definately want to get a Yasha Hashe goby (Strongobiops yasha) or a Strongobiops nematodes for him. I had a yellow watchman that mysteriously died after 3 years (recently) and I have been debating about what goby to get to replace it.

My question however concerns another type of goby:
green banded goby.

A while back you wrote another great article on Gobiosoma spp. and they were included.

Finally to my question: Do you know how difficult it is to breed Gobiosoma (Tigrigobius) multifaciatum?

Also do you know of any links to any articles that discuss this?

Thanks
Mel

I had 7 of these in my 135g at one point (I knew where each one had their cave and could find atleast 6 at any given time) until the only outbreak of ich I have ever had killed them all.

But I remember that a pair of mine hid out under this long flat rock on the bottom of the tank and I think one of them displayed the mating behaviors I have been reading about. So maybe mine spawned too! That would be great if I have gotten them to spawn before. Though it's a long way to fully raised fish I know.

Thanks alot for the link.
Mel

where can i find more info on just the green banded goby.. how big do they get? i am doing a serach and this is what came up. mostly are they SPS / reef safe?

I had a quick question about gobies.

What would be a suitable species that would sand-sift my shallow sand bed(2") but at the same time not burrow beneath rocks or constantly create huge piles of sand dumps.

Also, would they be safe with clams on the sand bed?

szesteve said:
I had a quick question about gobies.

What would be a suitable species that would sand-sift my shallow sand bed(2") but at the same time not burrow beneath rocks or constantly create huge piles of sand dumps.

Also, would they be safe with clams on the sand bed?

you are asking for the best of both worlds, and i'm afraid you won't find what you are looking for. any fish which sifts sand is doing so to obtain a meal. in return, they are rather indescriminate about where the sand gets dumped, or where they do their sifting.

given a fish that sifts sand, pretty much anything in the lower half of your aquarium is at risk of getting sand dumped on it.

HTH

hcs3 said:
you are asking for the best of both worlds, and i'm afraid you won't find what you are looking for. any fish which sifts sand is doing so to obtain a meal. in return, they are rather indescriminate about where the sand gets dumped, or where they do their sifting.

given a fish that sifts sand, pretty much anything in the lower half of your aquarium is at risk of getting sand dumped on it.

HTH

Sigh...I guess i was really hoping to get lucky. :D

Thank you for your info anyway! :)

Back