Green Pocillopora Damicornis

snake1

Premium Member
I have one in my display and its growing nice but as I look around at smaller rocks in my tank it looks as so I'm getting smaller pocillopora spots growing..do they shed like a Kenya tree does .....I mean its the same green fuzzy polyps that the main colony has and some of these rocks are newer and were dead....and if not what could they be I will try to get a picture

I've read they are a pest sps coral, much like a Kenya tree. But pest is a loose term considering we're keeping fragile corals alive in glass boxes. Some people love the star polyps, Kenya tree and pocillopora all over the tank. Amazing how far the hobby has come that we even call some sps corals pests now. Even monti caps seem to be less desirable today.

I've read they are a pest sps coral, much like a Kenya tree. But pest is a loose term considering we're keeping fragile corals alive in glass boxes. Some people love the star polyps, Kenya tree and pocillopora all over the tank. Amazing how far the hobby has come that we even call some sps corals pests now. Even monti caps seem to be less desirable today.

Ohh believe me I have made so many mistakes with corals I have had the green star polyps and still have them unfortunately and mushrooms and ugly palys and so on I'm ready for a rock redo with all new rock and only sps from now on...

Yes it's not a coral I recommend. U will have hundreds of them in your tank. Get rid of main piece then cover the rest with glue and epoxy to make sure u get rid of the small ones growing

Yes it's not a coral I recommend. U will have hundreds of them in your tank. Get rid of main piece then cover the rest with glue and epoxy to make sure u get rid of the small ones growing

If this is the fact about this coral I can in one quick look over of the tank find already 10 spots that look like the start of new frags.....the next tank I do I'm doing a s**t ton of research to not place any of the nuisance corals back in .....I'm getting close to a redo soon

Personally I think it's cool that it spawns in captivity. In my opinion you can never have too much SPS, so unless you're going for a high end SPS only tank, it's a good addition.

Back