group order before meeting

We're going to order tomorrow evening. We'll probably order test kits from the place James suggested and some other things from F&S. Let me know if you want in ASAP.

I still need to test my water. Will do it as soon as I'm done posting this and get right back to you!

Thanks for waiting for me. If my TDS meter is working right, the water out of our RO is at 0 already so I guess we don't need the add on right now. If anyone is willing to bring their meter to the meeting, I'd really like to check it with another just to see.

I'm starting to worry about algae in our new tank. It's sitting in the sunlight. As soon as someone is ready for CUC, let me know. I just cleaned the glass last week with the magnetic cleaner and today had to scrape it off.

On the upside though, everything is really looking happy again! Yeah!

by blennieluvr
We'll probably order test kits from the place James suggested and some other things from F&S.

Problem is, they are out of Magnesium tests... I am going to order from another place myself if that is okay?? I need the tests ASAP. Good thing I caught you ahead of time... Less hassle for you and me...

Hey Cammie were are you going to order the cuc from? I want in, everything is testing at 0 now so when ever you are ready lmk.

Garrett

Make sure you guys get your CUC from a reputable source and they ship overnight. I ordered from some half-azz place out of Florida and two of the three shipments arrived frozen. They replaced it, but I think they were wanting out of the deal altogether. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. The crabs were dirt cheap, like .15/each, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

I've always heard great things about sealife and he throws in extras usually. If I know I can get off work for the meeting I wouldn't mind adding in some rics or something.

Dedex - I thought I posted earlier that my water tested fine so go ahead with order. I'm hoping someone would be willing to bring their TDS to our house to test my water again. It just seemed to good to be true. For now though, there are many things on our wish list.

Garrett - I will check out that site and decide this eve. I don't suppose anyone is heading down to the cities soon. I do get nervous about shipping live critters in this cold! I wonder if Bret would be coming up soon?

So, from what I read, the only group buy is Garrett, I & possibly TIffany on the CUC/critters. That site looks great to me. I'll call this eve, Garrett.

We'll order our other stuff separate. I do plan on putting it in this eve. Meant to on Sunday but some kind of bug caught me and I haven't felt up to much.

Last edited:
I sent a PM to Brett to see if he was coming up anytime soon but he has not got back to me.

As far as ordering online I think it would be ok if one of us could make it to the Fedex termial to pick it up. They said on there site they only ship on Mondays and Tuesdays and they arive by 10 am but still would rather just pick them up at there warehouse.

Back