Gsp and Maroon Clown

jddaniel

Anyone interested in picking up some GSP. I have a 100 gal that I need to thin out a little. Also have an adult maroon Clown that will need a new home soon. Check out my gallery for pics, trades would be great.
Orange Ric, any yuma frags, monti frag, red/purple shroom. zoo's. Let me know what you have.

Josh

dgunn

I traded for some of this last week.
The GSP is really sweet, bright green, it has long tentacles, and he's got a bunch. Harold, the Maroon is a little smaller than mine. Pretty good size, 3-4 inches.

jddaniel

The maroon has never had a mate, he has had several tank mates and still has a lawnmower blenny and a royal gramma as tank mates. He wouldn't fit in my 4" net last year when I moved. Thanks for the support Doug, frags are looking really good.

hangles

do you have a pic of your maroon ? what do you think tourkid both have been in a tank with other fish just not another clown. if they are close to the same size with a slow aclamation process ?
thanks doug looks like i will have to see if they are close personaly i cant remimber how big your clown is.
harold

TOURKID

hangles- you really need to find out how long it was by itself
(with no other clowns) a clown starts off as non sexed. it then turns male, and eventually it turns female if its the most doninant fish OR if its by itself for.. say, 6 months or so.
Once female they cant change back to male.

2 females in a tank would lead to a death.

You need either a juvinial, or a definate male that lost its female and has only been by itself a few weeks.

With maroons, being the hardest to pair, you really need a baby fish. and even then, you want to put it in a see thru container near the females nest for a few days so she doesent kill it right away.

Theres alot of maroon pairing threads in the clown forum because its difficult. I saw a good one the other day, ill see if i can find it. got it

Tankupdate0807026.jpg

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1181795

hangles

I did not know that clowns eventually stay a sex unmated. what i have read so far says to get them about the same size so that they will not kill one another so quickly. I may have read this wrong. it was in some forum threads if i remember right. we talked about this awile back. about using the cage method to introduce a mate. I will take a look at that thread. thanks !

TOURKID

same size would be ok if they were both still juvinials and unsexed. see if you can find 'clownfishes' by joyce wilkerson

jddaniel

Still have some GSP to frag asnd I would really like to move the maroon soon. I would really like to get the maroon out of the tank this weekend if possible.