Gulf Oil Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

loganbug3

Found the thread on Gulf Oil Disaster, but it was closed. I agree with most people that we need to use alternate sources of energy, but at the moment I am more concerned with the problems our current disaster may cause. Now that the initial explosion is old news the talk about the oil has died, however it could have major reprocutions. As the oil moves with the main established water currents spilling out of the gulf, it could move into the outer carribean, the main atlantic, and small amounts may travel through the striats of Gibralter into the mediteranean. Besides damaging the already unstable reefs at Key West and surrounding areas, the oil could move up the eastern coastline of the US. Just to put an esimate on the size and amount of this slick, one quart of oil can cover a water area of over 1/4 of a mile squared.

(Concerned blabbermouth)

I'd hazard to guess they closed the thread for a reason, kind of makes no sense to open another thread on the same exact subject.

Granted it's a tragedy, but Mother Nature always has a way of fixing itself .... especially when we give her a hand.

I am saddened by the torture some of the sea life will go through. Much life will be lost and destroyed. However, I think in a few short years we'll notice someway that the ocean and sea life adapted or found new homes or relocated, etc. These sea creatures are way smarter than we give them credit for, and I think they'll find a way to thrive again. It is a tragedy and horrendous for all the animals and fish that will die horrible deaths in the process. At the same time, I think we'll be surprised at how well things eventually recover.

This thread has been closed. Loganbug3 you have a PM and infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back