Hang on skimmer reccomendation for 30G?

The BakPak Reef Ready has worked perfect for me on my 29 gallon. Make sure you get it w/ the MJ pump & not the Rio though... :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6931454#post6931454 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefLife1680
SteveOhh ... I currently have the DUAL bak pak ... you think the MJ v. the Rio makes that much of a difference??

The reason CPR put the MJ on the bakpak is because certain retailers wouldnt sell it w/ the Rio..................Marine Depot being one........:eek1:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6932143#post6932143 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefLife1680
SteveOhh ... the more important question: does the performance of the skimmer change between a MJ v. Rio ph??

Don't know.................I bought the model w/ the MJ.................I don't think there is a price difference between the two. I know it originally came w/ the rio...............if the rio was good enough for the skimmer, they wouldn't have offered the mj option IMO. The mj model I have kicks a$$ though............ :D

SteveOhh ... i ORIGINALLY thought the bak paks were the best option that's why I bought it. Maybe I don't have mine dialed in correctly yet .. let me recheck everything and maybe the salinity level ... guess that's the only thing I can do now.

CoralLife Super Skimmer 65gallon model ( Or CSS65 ). I got one about two weeks ago and love it. The price is right and it skimms as well as my old ASM G1-X did. Which needless to say was a huge suprise to me.

The pump is a bit large for my 25gallon, but I got used to it real fast once I saw the skimmate it produces. Can be used as HOT or in sump and mine runs so quiet you literally can NOT tell its on. Maybe im just fortunate/lucky buyer, but it has my thumbs up!

JM.02

Leviathan ... thanks for the info. WOW that looks like one hell of a skimmer. It actually kinda looks like the ASM skimmers :). Is the pump height adjustable?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6937331#post6937331 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefLife1680
Leviathan ... thanks for the info. WOW that looks like one hell of a skimmer. It actually kinda looks like the ASM skimmers :). Is the pump height adjustable?

It is well worth the $78.00 plus shipping I paid for it!

As for the pump height, personally I do not see how it could be raised without taking off the flow adjustment valve. It may be possible though theres always a mod for something you buy:)

Big Thread on CSS Skimmer:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=694835

HTH
Chris

Back