Hanna checker

Vorog

So I'm gonna try a couple of Hanna checkers since the Black Friday deals are pretty good with them. Just curious what you think or use. Should I get the phosphate, or the phosphorus ULR? I understand a little bit about the two. Phosphates and phosphorus but what would be better to monitor? The ppm or ppb basically between the two. Also I am going to pick up a alkalinity DKH checker as well. Just FYI I am not solely relying on these I will still use my salifert and Red Sea test kits too. I also have some nyos test kits as well and like the color charts but they are hard to read. Let me know what checker you guys use. And Happy thanksgiving all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we want to check and keep phosphates at such a low level the ULR is the preferred checker. I find the Salifert ALK test kit to be best for checking ALK.

You want the ppb meter. Ppm meter will show 0 and the ppb is more accurate and will read lower.
Alk kits for the most part are junk including salifert. Not to spoil anything but papers will be out in the future proving this.
The Hanna checker is more in line with a true total alkalinity reading as any of the kits get.

Back