Hannah alk. Checker reading .

Grkgod36

So I always used Salifert test kits for pretty much everything, and just the other day I bought a Hanna alk checker for siplicity and accuracy. So I decided to compare .the Salifert was at 6.1 which I knew was going to be a little low . I like to keep it at 7dkh.

And the hanna gave me a reading of 3.4 I ran the test 3 times followed directions to a t!

That's a huge difference . Which do you trust ?

Is the Hanna reading in dKH? Maybe it's set to meq/L? 3.4 dKH makes no sense, but a lot of people have gotten reasonable results from the Hanna. I might try testing some freshly-mixed saltwater, and contacting Hanna for some new reagents if that doesn't give a reasonable result.

I’m willing to wager that your reagent is bad.

My Hanna checker runs on ppm not DKH - the conversion is:

Your ppm result x 0.056 = dkh reading

So I always used Salifert test kits for pretty much everything, and just the other day I bought a Hanna alk checker for siplicity and accuracy. So I decided to compare .the Salifert was at 6.1 which I knew was going to be a little low . I like to keep it at 7dkh.

And the hanna gave me a reading of 3.4 I ran the test 3 times followed directions to a t!

That's a huge difference . Which do you trust ?

Hanna Alk is one of my best investments and never go wrong. I do have now Kore7th measuring Alk 6 times a day and i sometimes check accuracy which is spot on

Anyway you sure you use Marine version which is HI772 and should have small text marine on right corner of the unit

Btw, after you add reagent it is kind of green it should be between 6-8 dkh to get 3s probably you should have a yellow color. If it is green then maybe not reagent but unit has problem

Good luck mate

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

I agree that the reagents might be bad. I'd work on that first. The meter might have an issue, as well, but that seems to be a much less common problem.

Back