Have a HW302 and Fluval 305 cannister filter

Tell us more about the tank and what you’re keeping and intend to keep so we can help you better.

110g 48x18x30 tank; 2 canister filtration system; 2 sets Phlizon LED lights; hang on protein skimmer, and 100lbs live rock. Tank has been up 5 years. I purchased the setup yesterday, I am open to upgrades, changes, and suggestions.

My old tank had a sump with refugium. I am leaning to converting this one.

Goal is to have a few fish, clown, Gobi, and other small fish. Plan on having a cleanup crew and want some corals....nothing elaborate.

Any suggestions?

With the exception of one tank in my 30+ year history in the hobby, all have had sumps. So, if you have the funds and experience to convert it, that's what I would do. It provided additional water volume, plus a convenient place to keep equipment/filtration.

For easy to keep corals I would suggest Zoanthids, photosynthetic Gorgonians, Mushrooms, Leathers, etc.

Ammonia still a tiny bit high and (as I'm sure you're aware) nitrate is pretty high.

Thank you. I had a sump before, so i have decided to convert it over. Those were the test results after moving the tank. What is the best option to lower nitrates?

Main thing would be water changes, unless you want to go the chemical route of NoPox (made by RedSea). I’ve heard it works great but you want to be certain not to overdose otherwise it can cause a tank crash

Back