Having trouble Connecting to Fusion

I've uploaded the firmware to the latest. When I click Update Web Pages, I get the following:

Uploading file: aihost.bin...
Success
Uploading file: aihydra.bin...
Success
Uploading file: aivega.bin...
Success
Uploading file: all.js...
Success
Uploading file: apex.png...
Success
Uploading file: aqua.css...
Success
Uploading file: banner.jpg...
Success
Uploading file: buttons.gif...
Success
Uploading file: calicon.png...
Success
Uploading file: clock.asp...
Success
Uploading file: clock.sht...
Success
Uploading file: dash.js...
Success
Uploading file: datalog.asp...
Success
Uploading file: datalog.sht...
Success
Uploading file: date.js...
Success
Uploading file: display.asp...
Success
Uploading file: display.sht...
Success
Uploading file: ecosmart.etm...
Success
Uploading file: ecowwd.etm...
Success
Uploading file: eseason.asp...
Success
Uploading file: eseason.sht...
Success
Uploading file: excanvas.js...
Success
Uploading file: favicon.ico...
Success
Uploading file: footer.inc...
Success
Uploading file: graph.asp...
Success
Uploading file: graph.sht...
Success
Uploading file: header.inc...
Success
Uploading file: high.js...
Success
Uploading file: index.htm...
Success
Uploading file: loading.gif...
Success
Uploading file: loadsave.asp...
Success
Uploading file: loadsave.sht...
Success
Uploading file: menu.inc...
Success
Uploading file: misc.asp...
Success
Uploading file: misc.sht...
Success
Uploading file: modules.asp...
Success
Uploading file: modules.sht...
Success
Uploading file: netsetup.asp...
Success
Uploading file: netsetup.sht...

Operation failed with the following error information:

Unable to connect to the remote server

Operation failed with the following error information:

Unable to connect to the remote server

The two "netsetup" files won't upload for some reason. I've tried a couple of times.

The Apex is connected to the router using Ethernet over Power adapters. I've restarted equipment a few times.

AquaController Version
4.40_CC15
Dashboard Version 4.40_CC15
AquaController MAC address 00:0c:11:23:33:ef
Current IP address 192.168.0.108
Current IP mask 255.255.255.0
Current gateway 192.168.0.1

I've got DHCP turned off.
Primary DNS server
Secondary DNS server
HTTP port (default 80)

I can't get a Fusion token. It just says ApexFusion: No Comm. I've tried different network settings. Neptune forums said to try changing Primary and Secondary DNS servers to those numbers so I did. Still nothing.

Last edited:
In order to get a Fusion Token, you need to enable Fusion in the network settings page. You can do that from the display or using the native web interface by typing in the IP address of your Apex into your web browser and logging into the Apex. Go to configuration tab and select network. The make sure Fusion is enabled as well as Fusion Control. the latter will allow you to control your Apex via Fusion where as the former will allow you to get a token and have the Apex connect to Fusion.

Regarding the update issue. First step obviously is to update the firmware. The second step is to update the www. In some cases, you may need to attempt the www update more than once as the www update will timeout on occasion which is not a big deal. I assume once it failed, you tried the www update without rebooting? Is the computer you are using to do the update wired to the router as well? If the computer is connected to the network via a wireless connection, you may want to try a hardwired network connection and see if that helps.

Are you using a DNS server?

No, just Cable internet and a fairly simple TP-Link Router.

In order to get a Fusion Token, you need to ...

VvE00YRh.jpg

Both the computer I'm attempting to update from and the Apex are hardwired. The Apex is hardwired via a Zyxel Powerline Adapter.

I'm at home accessing my setup and I can see my Dashboard but it still just says "Apex Fusion Communication Error"

No, just Cable internet and a fairly simple TP-Link Router.

VvE00YRh.jpg

Both the computer I'm attempting to update from and the Apex are hardwired. The Apex is hardwired via a Zyxel Powerline Adapter.

I'm at home accessing my setup and I can see my Dashboard but it still just says "Apex Fusion Communication Error"

If you have a long network cable you can get your hands on, I would try bypassing the powerline connection and connecting your Apex straight to your DSL router to eliminate that as a point of failure. While many use powerline adapters, they aren't always the most reliable connections. I've used them before on Directv boxes and had intermittent issues. As such, it would be worth eliminating that variable from the equation to see if it makes a difference.

Also, just to clarify, on the home screen/dashboard in the native apex interface, you don't see a Fusion token in the top corner of the dashboard screen? There are hidden tiles on the dashboard screen. If you click the edit button on the upper right of the dashboard page, a window will open up with hidden tiles. Scroll through those tiles and see if there is a Fusion tile in there. If you bought this Apex used, it may have been previously registered to somebody else's Fusion account in which case, you might find a tile that says "ApexFusion OK". If that is the case, they will either need to remove Fusion from their account or you need to contact Neptune support to have it unlinked. None the less, check your unused tiles to see if its hidden there. If it is, drag it out of the hidden tile page and save the changes.

If you have a long network cable you can get your hands on, I would try bypassing the powerline connection and connecting your Apex straight to your DSL router to eliminate that as a point of failure. While many use powerline adapters, they aren't always the most reliable connections. I've used them before on Directv boxes and had intermittent issues. As such, it would be worth eliminating that variable from the equation to see if it makes a difference.

Also, just to clarify, on the home screen/dashboard in the native apex interface, you don't see a Fusion token in the top corner of the dashboard screen? There are hidden tiles on the dashboard screen. If you click the edit button on the upper right of the dashboard page, a window will open up with hidden tiles. Scroll through those tiles and see if there is a Fusion tile in there. If you bought this Apex used, it may have been previously registered to somebody else's Fusion account in which case, you might find a tile that says "ApexFusion OK". If that is the case, they will either need to remove Fusion from their account or you need to contact Neptune support to have it unlinked. None the less, check your unused tiles to see if its hidden there. If it is, drag it out of the hidden tile page and save the changes.

I'd have to go out and purchase a long Ethernet cable specifically to rule out the Powerline adapter and I'm not totally against doing that but I'd like to try everything else first as I really don't think its the adapter.

I see the Apex Fusion tile and it still just says "Communication Error".

I bought the Apex used but it was a while ago, before Fusion was a thing. I've been using it for a while now.

I'd have to go out and purchase a long Ethernet cable specifically to rule out the Powerline adapter and I'm not totally against doing that but I'd like to try everything else first as I really don't think its the adapter.

I see the Apex Fusion tile and it still just says "Communication Error".

I bought the Apex used but it was a while ago, before Fusion was a thing. I've been using it for a while now.

If you order a cable from Amazon, you can easily return it no questions asked. If that solves the issue, you could get a wireless gaming adapter for basic functionality but you would still need to hardwire when you do updates.

Here is a cheap 100' network cable that should do the trick and won't break the bank. If that doesn't solve the Fusion issue, I would start looking at your firewall as it's likely blocking it for some reason.
http://www.amazon.com/Cables4PC-Patch-Ethernet-Network-100FTCAT5WH/dp/B00SNP2HKK/

Welp I connected the Apex via an Ethernet cable directly to the router and I get the same "Apex Fusion Communication Error" message.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong considering everything else seems to be working.

Have you checked your outlets and profiles for any special characters or spaces in the name of the outlets & profiles.

The only allowed special Characters are "-" "_"

I don't see any special characters besides - and _

I updated Web Pages again and it completed fine:

Uploading file: aihost.bin...
Success
Uploading file: aihydra.bin...
Success
Uploading file: aivega.bin...
Success
Uploading file: all.js...
Success
Uploading file: apex.png...
Success
Uploading file: aqua.css...
Success
Uploading file: banner.jpg...
Success
Uploading file: buttons.gif...
Success
Uploading file: calicon.png...
Success
Uploading file: clock.asp...
Success
Uploading file: clock.sht...
Success
Uploading file: dash.js...
Success
Uploading file: datalog.asp...
Success
Uploading file: datalog.sht...
Success
Uploading file: date.js...
Success
Uploading file: display.asp...
Success
Uploading file: display.sht...
Success
Uploading file: ecosmart.etm...
Success
Uploading file: ecowwd.etm...
Success
Uploading file: eseason.asp...
Success
Uploading file: eseason.sht...
Success
Uploading file: excanvas.js...
Success
Uploading file: favicon.ico...
Success
Uploading file: footer.inc...
Success
Uploading file: graph.asp...
Success
Uploading file: graph.sht...
Success
Uploading file: header.inc...
Success
Uploading file: high.js...
Success
Uploading file: index.htm...
Success
Uploading file: loading.gif...
Success
Uploading file: loadsave.asp...
Success
Uploading file: loadsave.sht...
Success
Uploading file: menu.inc...
Success
Uploading file: misc.asp...
Success
Uploading file: misc.sht...
Success
Uploading file: modules.asp...
Success
Uploading file: modules.sht...
Success
Uploading file: netsetup.asp...
Success
Uploading file: netsetup.sht...
Success
Uploading file: nstatus.sht...
Success
Uploading file: ostatus.sht...
Success
Uploading file: outsetup.asp...
Success
Uploading file: outsetup.sht...
Success
Uploading file: probes.asp...
Success
Uploading file: probes.sht...
Success
Uploading file: profiles.asp...
Success
Uploading file: profiles.sht...
Success
Uploading file: program.sht...
Success
Uploading file: rfm.etm...
Success
Uploading file: rss.sht...
Success
Uploading file: season.sht...
Success
Uploading file: sparkline.js...
Success
Uploading file: status.sht...
Success
Uploading file: tool.png...
Success
Uploading file: trans.js...
Success
Uploading file: upstatus.sht...
Success
Uploading file: vti.etm...
Success

Operation complete.

I restarted afterwords.

No idea what else to try at this point.

Welp I connected the Apex via an Ethernet cable directly to the router and I get the same "Apex Fusion Communication Error" message.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong considering everything else seems to be working.

I noticed that you have DHCP OFF, Have you tried to turn this on and reboot the controller and see if it will connect to your router on its own?

You have a copy of your current setting so you have nothing to loose as you can always put them back.

Back