Hello, hello, hello, is there anybody in there ???

Well at least I got 1 posted. I'll have to figure out what's goin' on with the posting pics. I use to have a good image resizer, got a new machine, and have had nothing but trouble since. I hate Windows 8.

I tried to download the old Image resizer that I had before, Mihav. But they want to send you about 10 other crap things for your web browser that you don't even need !!! I ended up just taking all of it back off. I'll try again and see what happens.

I think I got it now,,, mini-DSCF4049.JPG

mini-DSCF4155.JPG The one is a FTS, quality not too good. The other picture is what happens to a Yellow Watchman Goby after spending 8 mos hiding in my sump under a gigantic ball of Cheato in the dark basically. Almost looks like the color of the Cave fish at Mammoth Caves. I never feed him, not once in 9 mos since I got him. He would not stay in the DT, kept goping down the overflow. After 3 attempts to keep him up top, I gave up.

Green Coraline Algae and Caves !!!

Green Coraline Algae and Caves !!!

Check out this bright green Coraline. I did some research to make sure that it was Coraline. I started brushing it with a toothbrush along with all of my other coralline. It spreads just as easy. I love caves !!! I designed my rock work on a piece of cardboard when the rock was dry. I took my time, made like 10 pillers or base rocks. Then took really large, show size pieces and stacked them all on top. There is a complete tunnel down the whole length of the tank. I have found that if you provide more places to hide with quicker and easier access, the fish all stay out more. I have 11 fish in DT, plus the one in the sump / 1 RBTA / 2 Serpent Stars, plus tons of micros / Asterinas / 1 Sally Lightfoot Crab / 2 Emerald Crabs / 1 monster Halloween Hermit / 3-4 other kinds of Hermits maybe 2 doz ? Tons of snails !!! 4 different types / 1 Maxima / 1 Deresa / 12 LPS / 25 zoos & Palys / 6 Softies / 17 SPS. There are 60 different species of corals in there. I have tons of pods that keep my Mandarin FAT.mini-DSCF4150.jpg

mini-DSCF4138.jpg

mini-DSCF4147.jpg

Tyler,,, your turn. What I don't like about my tank. I got some grunge from the LR tank at Bert's. I wanted some fauna for my DSB,,, well I got it !!! I now have way too many Vermatid Snails. I don't mind them in smaller quantities, but too many is not good. I was thinking of trying a Melanurus Wrasse to eat them. But need to look into that some more. I also have just started battling Aptaisia !!! The Aptaisia were from another source, frag. If you want them to multiply,,, just buy some of that $#!+ that ends with an "X". I think it's Aptaisia food !!! I'd like to try some Berghia Nudibranchs , if my Hawkfish won't eat them. I did end up getting some of the DSB critters. I can see where they are burrowing at the edges. Plus I have seen bristleworms. They say if you see one, you have 100 ??? I also have way too many sponges growing everywhere. Due in part to dosing Vinegar. I have to dig them out of some of my zoos and from around some of my corals.

Someday, after I get a Martin D28 and when I get an increase on my allowance,,,, I'm gonna get me one of them $800 used Nikon Macro Lenses. Then we'll start really takin' some pictures !!! So Tyler, how's your BM Doser holdin' up ? I bought 10' of the line that replaces the tubing on the Bubble Magus heads. LMK if you need any. So What are you guys all using to make your solutions ??? Anybody go the Randy Farley route ? I bought a ton of stuff to mix up his recipes. I didn't want my dosing to change after I get it dialed in.

Tank looks great Curtis...

My BM Doser is working like a champ... Puttin out Alk/Ca/Vinegar like a boss!

Tank overall is pretty empty to be honest, had a crash related to unknown reasons around the end of the year that took out all but one piece of my SPS... I think it was a contaminated bag of salt.

I've had 2 tester pieces in for about a month and 6 more for about two weeks and everything's growing and encrusting over plugs or places where flesh had necrotized... I've been happy with them, so tomorrow Ive got an order of 10 Acros plus a couple other SPS pieces arriving... We shall see!

What I'm really most excited about, however, is the C. Lineatus I've got en route... Simply amazing fish that I've been dreaming about for 4 or 5 years.

Last edited:
Tyler, definitely a cool fish !!! What did it set you back ? Where'd ya get it ? I'd love to have a bigger tank and devote it to mainly Wrasses , reefsafe !!! I have two now, and they are model citizens. A Labouts Fairy and a McCosker's Flasher. They flash and display all the time. They are mellow. I try to keep my tank peaceful. Right now all of my fish get along well. I have one that looks like he may swing bad on me in time. He's a Bi-Color Chromis. I also have a BG Reef Chromis, Yellow Tang, Red Mandarin, Flame Hawkfish, PJ Cardinal, Bangai Cardinal, Royal Gramma and a Scissortail. I hope your doser holds up. I have to honestly say, that right now, I liked the BM better than the LM III. But I haven't really used the LM III yet. The BM is much simpler. I too was thinking of taking Mg off the doser and going with the vinegar. Just dose the Mg when you need it, not as often and one big dose. I hope your corals all do better this time. I just had another STN issue with my Tubbs Purple & Lavender. What's weird is that I even had a small frag of it started that I had knocked off by accident. The STN hit both pieces. Nothing else was affected ? I need to read up on STN and RTN to learn more about them. I lost a Green Slimer and Sour Apple BN too. I'm thinking of maybe trying to upgrade my Osmolator, wondering why everybody on RC is selling them and what they are going to ??? Mine stopped again last night and don't know why ??? I just picked it up to look at it, and it started right back up ??? That alone may have caused the STN ??? When stupid simple crap like that happens, makes you just want to quit and get out of the hobby sometimes.

photo.jpg

That's what Ive got right now... Not much to look at unless you like coralline covered rock, heh. 5x Lyretail Anthias, Foxface, Bellus Angel, 2x ORA Clown, ORA Yellow Assessor, Wheeler's Goby.

The BM has been good so far, but I'll probably proactively replace the three heads in a few more months... I've read a lot of good things about the LM3, it's a much higher overall quality unit than the BM.

I use an ATO from Avast and it has been great, except it's a bit loud... The thing I like best is the pump won't siphon, and I believe Avast has upgraded the pump to a more quiet model.

Last edited:
Tylor, still looks good though. I love the Angel. I have always liked the Anthias. I never bought them because I thought that they didn't like the bright light. A deep water fish. I had a One Spot, for about three mos. Then he decided that he liked to eat zoos !!! How's the Angel, reefsafe ??? I always like the Swallowtails and the Lamark's too.

The Anthias are wonderful, not shy of the light at all, in nature they dwell above the reef riding the current and pick off little bits and pieces of food that float past… The male is every bit of 4.5" from nose to tip of tail, beautiful markings with a nice flowing yellow tipped tail. They add a lot of energy to the system and don't kill each other off! They are planktonic feeders with small stomachs and quick metabolism, however, so they should be fed multiple times per day… Mysis and Krill 3-4 times per day, and NLS small pellets once per day.

The Bellus is a Genicanthus (Swallowtail) Angel like the Lamarcks, they are planktonic feeders as well… Pose absolutely no threat to corals, however for best results they also need fed small meals quite often. Stunning fish, really cool color pattern. Was my favorite fish I had in my 75 a few years ago… Absolutely had to have another.

I always wanted a harem of Anthias. Not enough room for them right now in my 75. How do you feed them that many times a day ? I read the same thing about the Wrasse, but mine get to eat maybe 4 times a day. They do ok though. I have two auto feeders with two different flakes. I give them all kinds of frozenfoods. I give them pellets, Mine even hit the Nori on the clip with my Tang. I also give them Reef Chili And Cyclop-eeze. They are like little pigs. I'd love to get a Bellus like yours, but afraid that my Tang would mess with it. I probably have too many fish in there now. Almost looks un-natural. But I love'em and they are all happy and fat !!! I think that the corals need their waste.

I keep a mixture of frozen food thawed out in a glass in my fridge... Make it every morning, and then put a couple squirts in whenever I think about it... Before work(6-8am), during lunch if I'm local that day(11-2), immediately after work(4-6), and before bed (~9pm) are my usual feedings. Plus random pellets if they look bored.

Back