Hello, I am new to the community

Welcome and feel free to ask questions. There are some people here who have been in the hobby a long time. I’ve kept SW since 1986 and reefs since 1990. Yep, I’m old😝

I do have questions, but I'll do a bit of research first before I ask. Thanks again for the greeting. Wow, 86 that is awesome!
Sounds good, but I’m happy to answer any questions at any time.

A couple of things to remember in this hobby.

1. Nothing good happens fast.
2. There is NO one way to do it right.

Looks like I have my first question. I'm so excited. First I have a 125g old school tank (no overflow), this will be a swim only tank. I'll do reef someday but that will be quite a while from now. My question is towards wavemakers, there are some really cool ones out there. I've done my fair share of research and it seems the more I read about them the more I get confused. Unfortunately I am on a budget. I was looking at the Uniclife Aquarium Wave Maker for 120-300 Gallon Fish Tanks 3400 GPH. I also saw one by Current that was really neat, as well as other brands. I don't know if this is good or if there's something better or an alternative. I'm sure there will be different opinions. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Not familiar with the Uniclife Aquarium Wave Maker. Since you mention you're on a budget, I've had great success with Jebaos.

I too have not heard of that brand. As mentioned Jebao is generally a great budget brand. I also have a cheapo Chinese wavemaker from Amazon that worked great til I had to turn it off (anemones made their homes right next to it).

Back