Hello

We need to get this club back together It was nice knowing some local people. What size tanks do you have. I do some local collecting do any of you

I'm tankless at the moment, but still lurk here. Been thinking of putting together something in the 7-10 gallon range, probably zoos, rics and maybe a plate or two.

But yes, we should try to resurrect the group. Typical Sarasota, caught between Tampa and Ft. Myers, haha!

If you guys get your tanks up and running maybe we can work out some trades. You know frags and what not. Do any one know anything about LED lights I am looking at putting them on my 125 that's in the works.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a 7.5 gallon bowfront from Marine Depot (couldn't resist the 15% off coupon.) Going to mix up some water, grab some live rock and let it cycle a bit while I think about how many corals I can squeeze in there. Anyone have a chunk or two of live rock and/or some chaeto?

What all do you have, looking to upgrade from a 29g to maybe a 75, or something that has about the same foot print, and smaller in height.

Shots from my 40g breeder.

Thanks

DD

Attachments

• DSC00028.jpg
    DSC00028.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00030.jpg
    DSC00030.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 0
Hey all. Good to see some life. I am getting back into reefs again after a business start, move and baby. Need to go to some meetings if there still doing it here or with the other clubs around.

Nathan

Haven't seen any discussion of getting together. Anyone have any thoughts of at least getting together at a restaurant and talking tanks over lunch? Failing that maybe we could carpool to a Tampa Bay Reef Club or SWFMAS meeting?

Anyway, have a few zoanthids and palythoas in the tank currently and a plate should be showing up tomorrow. Too embarrassed of my lack of aquascaping skills to post pics yet, haha!

Car pooling is a great idea. I have a suburban but am getting a new motor in it as soon as uncle sam gets off his duff. I have rode with Brian (bgdiving) before and they come down here for his bbq.

I ordered all the led stuff for a remod build on my 29 and also building 2 fixtures for Brian. My 30" will be 72w and the 48" will be 200w. Got lots of colors to tinker with mixing for the best look. We shall see when everything comes in.

Nathan

Julian Sprung is speaking on September 21st down in Estero at the monthly SWFMAS meeting; anyone interested in going? Think it's $5 for nonmembers.

Still working on straightening out the 7.5g bowfront. Headed down to Lehigh Acres this weekend to pick up an encrusting monti or two. Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that I'll be buying a bigger tank soon?...

Back