Help and looking.... I got in trouble...

kj4fec

Well this is going to seem like a stage post. I got a 29 Biocube this weekend and brought it home. Put some rock in it and let it sit for a day. The Fiance kept looking at it and asked me to move it to the bedroom as it was not big enough for her. lol I know right. I am a luck man. So I am on a quest for a tall tank like a 90 gal or larger. We want to make it a reef tank. I have about a 48" foot print I have to work with. I think I can go a little bigger if needed. Does anyone know of a tank in the upper pinellas area for sale that is not going to break the bank? Wedding in October and that should say enough. I would love to get this in for her as an early wedding gift. When we get back home it should be cycled and she can put .... well as she said... FISHIES in it.

Please help a man in big trouble.

:debi:

Pinellas like pinellas park, FL? You should check put craigslist there are loads for sale in that area.

Yup - wherever you are - if you are looking for used Craigslist is your friend.

If you have 48", I would suggest a 120g tank instead of a 90 or 75. It takes up the same width, and with the additional front to back space makes for much easier aquascaping. If you are going with fish only (FO) then whatever lighting you can find will work - the fish don't really care. If, however, you have plans to eventually go with corals as well, buy smart the first time and get something that will work for that as well. A 40 breeder (40L) makes an excellent sump for that size system, with plenty of room for all the stuff you don't want or need to see in the main tank like heaters and a skimmer (at least semi-mandatory IMHO)

Keep the questions coming, and send pics!

Yup - wherever you are - if you are looking for used Craigslist is your friend.

If you have 48", I would suggest a 120g tank instead of a 90 or 75. It takes up the same width, and with the additional front to back space makes for much easier aquascaping. If you are going with fish only (FO) then whatever lighting you can find will work - the fish don't really care. If, however, you have plans to eventually go with corals as well, buy smart the first time and get something that will work for that as well. A 40 breeder (40L) makes an excellent sump for that size system, with plenty of room for all the stuff you don't want or need to see in the main tank like heaters and a skimmer (at least semi-mandatory IMHO)

Keep the questions coming, and send pics!
+1, additionally look at livestock you may want and there needs, this may impact your decision. For example on liveaquaria.com it has tank req's on the various livestock.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back