HELP!!! big problem

bboy aqua

I posted not to long ago about my high cal and low alk
I was dosing at the time just bionic 2 part
I was told to stop dosing the cal so the cal would drop and add more of alk to raise the alk in my tank
when I did that it made my alk drop even more to around 5dkh
I dont know what my cal level is at because I just ran out of my cal tests
what should I do?

I'd add at least the alkalinity part of the B-ionic to maintain the alkalinity at 7-11 dKH, and then get a calcium kit to see when you should start redosing that part (i.e., when the calcium drops below about 450 ppm).

ive been doing that randy
Ive been dosing just the alk part but I dosed a little more than usuall thinking it would raise my alk but it lowered it even more
should I just dose the alk less per dose like before or continue doing larger doses?

Are you noticing any precipitation? If so the use smaller doses.
I know it might be silly but happened to me. Insure you are using the Alkalinity part not the Calcium part. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7533331#post7533331 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdieck
Are you noticing any precipitation? If so the use smaller doses.
I know it might be silly but happened to me. Insure you are using the Alkalinity part not the Calcium part. :D

precipitation on what?

Ive been dosing just the alk part but I dosed a little more than usuall thinking it would raise my alk but it lowered it even more

How much are you adding each day, to what size tank containing roughly what types of corals?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7533699#post7533699 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdieck
Heaters, Pump impellers, glass surface etc. Have your PH exceeded 8.4-8.5 on addition?

my ph is ok now
it has raised because of unproper curing or DIY rock

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7534151#post7534151 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Randy Holmes-Farley

How much are you adding each day, to what size tank containing roughly what types of corals?

I add up to the number 4 on the plastic measuring cup it came with
not sure what type of unit
i think mql

only have some palys in there and its a 10g

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7535912#post7535912 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bboy aqua
I add up to the number 4 on the plastic measuring cup it came with
not sure what type of unit
i think mql

only have some palys in there and its a 10g

It should have some little letters on the unit of measure, most probably mililiters (ml) .
5 ml = 1 tsp

To increase the Alkalinity by 3 dKh (say from 5 to 8 dKh) using B-Ionic Original. Alkalinity part in 10 gallons you need aprox 14 ml. (2.8 teaspoons).
When adding that much just watch for your PH not to raise over 8.5

Back